Is it possible to use the custom firmware on the hdr 1000s

Magicaldreams

Hi can you tell me is it possible to use the Custom Firmware on the HDR 1000s <Free Time> or is their a different version to my old box as I do not seam to be able to get it to install

The custom firmware (different versions) only applies to HD-FOX, HDR-FOX, and FoxsatHDR. There is no version for the HDR-1000 at the present time.

None of the above will even attempt to install on the HDR-1000, because the filename and various identifiers will be rejected. If they did install by any remote chance, they would probably break your box.

Thank you for the quick response and info, I can only hope that Raydon or one of you other clever people will make one soon as it was such a help on the last box to have ftp and webif.

Thank you all

FTP is a standard feature that is built-in to the Humax HDR Fox T2, it might be worth looking through your user manual. It looks like The Foxsat HDR doesn't have FTP as standard but the HDR-1000S might who knows?

Hi I have just looked thru the user manual and could find no reference to ftp, also tried to connect to it using an ftp program but do not know what the user name or password is so did not get any where with that. I wanted to be able to connect to the new box to copy the programs from my old box on to the new box for starters, so if any one has any other information it would be gratefully received

Thank you

Thank you for the quick response and info, I can only hope that Raydon or one of you other clever people will make one soon as it was such a help on the last box to have ftp and webif.

First of all, one of those clever people have to have bought one to play with, then be able to analyse a firmware update release to work out a way in. This was possible with the existing custom firmwares because the firmware updates were available for loading via a USB drive as well as OTA.

For example, the YouView box only updates directly over the Internet so there is little opportunity to see anything (the network traffic could be captured but it's not easy to see what's going on, the data could be encrypted, and trying to spoof an alternative firmware update when the box probably expects to authenticate with the proper server will be proper tricky).

It may be that the HDR-1000 isn't that locked down (there may not be the imperatives to do so), but it will still need somebody competent and with the motivation to see how similar it is to the FoxsatHDR and do the necessary. If it really is very similar to the Foxsat, Raydon will probably be able to make the tweaks without reference to an actual HDR-1000 - but it still relies on firmware update by USB and the release of an official update file to analyse.

Hi Black Hole thank you for the info, I do appreciate how difficult the hole thing is and you are all so kind doing what you have done. As for the upgrades you can down load an upgrade for the firmware from the humax main site to bring you up to the latest one and it loads on to a small memory stick. If you put the stick in when it is completely powered off then power it up with the down channel button held down it will upgrade to the firmware on the USB stick, I do hope that Raydon will have a look at this at some point in time I also appreciate that you have no motivation for doing this as you do not yet need to upgrade but unfortunately I had to. And can only lament the loss of use of the features from the custom software.

Back