Is it possible to wirelessly stream PC desktop to TV via Humax?

lills1

Hi,
I have looked high and low for a solution to this but without any luck. Is is possible to stream the desktop from a Windows 7 laptop to the TV using the Fox T2? My Sony TV is quite old and isn't smart enough to do this.

I am able to do this by plugging a HDMI cable into my TV, but it would be much more convenient if I could do this wirelessly using the Fox T2. I can stream Video, Audio and Photo files no problem, by sharing folders. However it would be nice if I could also send live video streams (not iPlayer/Youtube) from my laptop to the TV.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

There are various existing (and very short!) topics on this. For displaying the PC desktop, your only options are HDMI direct to the TV, and there are (not cheap) ways to do this wirelessly.

For live streams relayed via the PC, there is software for this that turns the stream into a DLNA source. Somebody will remind me what it is called...

Hi Black Hole,

You are a star. Many thanks for your advice. I can confirm that TVersity successfully mirrors my laptop. I can see my desktop on my TV via that Humax T2. I can play audio and video files.

One thing I would like to do is have TVersity stream my videos and keep the AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio. Unfortunately the audio is track is being down mixed to Dolby Pro Logic. I have installed the AC3Filter program as advised by their support documentation, but no joy. Any ideas if this is possible?

Many thanks.

Back