Is my HD Fox T2 Bricked?

WP53

I have just obtained a second HD Fox T2 for upstairs use and installed the latest custom firmware (just as I did for my downstairs box).
All seemed to go well until I powered off after the "success downloading" message.
Problem is - it won't restart. Just sits there with "HUMAX" centre screen on the TV and V L7.23 bottom left.
On the T2 box it just has the rotating rectangle - and it simply sits there.
I have tried reflashing with the reset firmware - same result.
What can I do?
Any suggestions welcome!

How old was the firmware previously? When I got mine, I tried to go to the latest custom straight off and it did something very much like what you describe (can't remember exactly now). I had to upgrade in stages via an intermediate version of the standard Humax firmware, then the latest standard, then the latest custom.

You can get old official firmware versions from the Humax beta site: here. The oldest version available (1.01.12) is suitable for loader 7.23, which is your current version. I would flash with this version first to see if it unbricks the box. Some of the firmware updates have loader updates too: you want to get to the latest loader which is 7.27. Next flash with 1.02.18: this should give you loader 7.26. I would then try either 1.02.28 or 1.02.29. You should then be on loader 7.27. From here you can upgrade to the latest version, 1.03.02.

That's it! I picked a version 2 which restored working order then upgraded to v3 and all OK - Phew!

Many thanks for the replies!

That's it! I picked a version 2 which restored working order then upgraded to v3 and all OK - Phew!
Good news. Out of interest what software version did you install to unbrick the HD-FOX, and what loader version do you have now? Did you need to install version 1.01.12 first, or is that unnecessary? This is useful to know in case anyone else has the same problem in the future.

OK sure.
For the full story, the HD Fox T2 was on std 1.01.12 to start with.
- I tried an update to custom HD_FOX_T2_1.03.02_mod_3.03 and that was what got it bricked.
- I then did an update to std 1.02.29 which restored it to working order.
- Finally then another update to custom HD_FOX_T2_1.03.02_mod_3.03 which worked fine.

... I guess you would say there is always a way...!

Back