Is there a 'Common Error Message' thread?

makem

I am getting an actively refused error when I try to connect to the betaftpd server and this is probably a common error.

Have you disabled to in-built Humax FTP Server before using betaftpd, with Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> FTP Server = Off?

Another error :(

I am using a sync program to copy my lappy profile to a folder I have made in Media. I get an error stating that there is not enough room on the drive which has 200GB free.

I am able to send the same files via FTP and don't get such an error. I am curious why this happens.

Do you have anything mounted into the file system - a network drive or a USB drive - to avoid accessing via the "storage" option? These can confuse the disk usage figures.

Do you have anything mounted into the file system - a network drive or a USB drive - to avoid accessing via the "storage" option? These can confuse the disk usage figures.

I have a USB stick in one of the routers USB slots. I will later have a 1T HD in the other router slot.

I stopped the FTP program sending files to the Humax last night when it was part way though the set. Today the FTP program cannot find the folder where it was sending to yesterday. It has disappeared from the Media list. I am able to make a folder with the same name in Media.

"the "storage" option"?

I am concerned that I have uploaded files which are taking up space and I can never see them.

These two drives are not on the Network and therefore do not appear as Networked drives. I see the other computers which are Networked. As they are attached to the router I can access them as mapped Network drives. If I set up FTP on the router I can also access them via FTP.

Media is shared and available via Network Neighborhood so I would have thought any folder I make in there would also be visible.

What I am trying to find out is whether you have any network drives mapped into My Video, which could confuse the disk occupancy. It is also possible to map USB drives in the same way.

What I am trying to find out is whether you have any network drives mapped into My Video, which could confuse the disk occupancy. It is also possible to map USB drives in the same way.

Nothing is mapped into My Video. I would not know how to map them there.

Back