Is there a mod out there to improve the EPG in the foxsat?

KevinW

Is there a mod out there to improve the EPG in the foxsat? I have two pet hates with the standard one; 1) you have to use info to read the full summary for most programmes, and 2) no little picture of what's currently on. I know, I know, there are more important things in life to worry about, but all the same....

Having just sensed my nose twitching at the new Humax HDR-1000S box, my hopes there have swiftly been crushed by reading you can't archive recordings! Question - is it still straightforward to swap the HD for something bigger?

Actually, four years worth of irritations are re-surfacing as I write so here's another question - with the custom firmware (or anything else) is it possible to delete in the background? And to copy in the background? I've just archived a whole season of MotoGP, 18 hrs worth of HD, and it locked up the box for about 6 or 7 hours! I had to resort to freeview!!!!!

There ain't no mod to change the EPG on the HDR-FOX, so I doubt there is for the Foxsat either. You have the WebIF version of course.

A Humax firmware revision provided background delete on the HDR-FOX (and also the delete loop problem!).

A Humax firmware revision provided background delete on the HDR-FOX (and also the delete loop problem!).
The undelete package on the HDR-Fox improves delete behaviour too (as deletes become moves). That could be ported to the Foxsat by someone with an incentive.

Changing the hard disc on a G2 box is very simple once you realise the screws to open the box are hidden under the stick on feet. Mine has a 2TB WD AV HDD in it.

with the custom firmware (or anything else) is it possible to delete in the background? And to copy in the background? I've just archived a whole season of MotoGP, 18 hrs worth of HD, and it locked up the box for about 6 or 7 hours! I had to resort to freeview!!!!!

By far the best way to do that is via FTP. There is not even an indication on-screen that anything is happening.

Back