Is there a problem with 'ir'?

Deri

I have noticed since a recent update that the webif IR controller has stopped working for me. Has anyone else noticed this?

It does not work from the shell either, so:-

ir TWO OK

Echos the keystrokes but nothing changes on the tv. I am running ir 1.07-6 on:-

Web interface version: 1.0.12-3 (Mongoose)
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)

Any suggestions welcome. (I've tried a force reinstall of the ir package). It could be relevent that I changed the disk about the time of the ir update, so the problem may be linked to that. The new disk was rsynced to the old one, but using the hummy to do the rsyncing rather than removing the old disk to another linux box. No other problems have been encountered with the new disk.

For what it's worth, ir working fine here for me, with all latest pkgs.

Web interface version: 1.0.12-3 (Lighttpd)
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.02.32)​

I have noticed since a recent update that the webif IR controller has stopped working for me. Has anyone else noticed this?
Depending on which firmware version you upgraded from, you need to run 'prepare for upgrade' prior to installing the new firmware, if you don't do this certain flash resident package will stop working. If this is the problem you can fix this by running Web-If >> Diagnostics >> fix-flash-packages >> Run Diagnostic, the WiKi notes for this are HERE i.e. :-
  • fix-flash-packages = fix problems with packages that reside in Flash, required after a crash/disable. Packages affected include:- undelete, redring,ir, tmenu and rsvsync

ir stopped working for me some time ago, with very similar symptoms, for no apparent reason and with no obvious cure. I rarely use it, so I am not sure of its current status.

You can turn on debugging for the IR package by running the ir3/debugon diagnostic. Logs will then appear, following a reboot, in humaxtv.log (viewable through the web interface diagnostics screen).

I have run the ir3/debugon and fix-flash-packages and rebooted.

Attached is a copy of the humaxtv.log. In it you can see that the "real" code for GUIDE seems to be 0x000001 0xe41b10fa but when I use the web interface it is inserting 0x000001 0xe41b1000, I don't know if this is relevant

Attachments

• humaxtv.log.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 6
It is, your Humax is using a different remote control code to the default. Have you changed it to avoid conflict with another device?
You can set the remote mode for the ir package through the web interface settings screen.

Back