Is there a way to....

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to jump into the middle of a recorded programme without having to wind throught it at 32x speed?

I set up a series recording for the Australian Grand Prix which recorded fine. As expected it also recorded the Malaysian Grand Prix which is great, trouble is, it didn't as I would have expected and create another folder, no, it stuffs the Malaysian GP in the Australian folder. Am I missing a trick? Is it me or the machine's software that's none too bright?

I have to confess that both of the above bug me because my Sky box doesn't struggle with either and I was very surprised to find my hummy does.

Cheers,

Bob.

For the first, yes you can skip using the left/right cursors to get there much quicker.

For the folder naming, yes its a humax issue. They set the folder name by how it is captured when first setup. As the beeb in their wisdom add on the GP name, it buggers up the folder naming. I'm pretty sure too (if i remember right), if you rename it, when the next one records it will name it back.

Also press play and use the centre ring ( don't know what it's called ) which surround the ok button to advance to any place on the recorded program

. As the beeb in their wisdom add on the GP name, it buggers up the folder naming. I'm pretty sure too (if i remember right), if you rename it, when the next one records it will name it back.

I always just rename mine in the database to get back to just F1 (via the command line enabled with the custom firmware). That might be worth adding to the webif/rs portal...

I set up a series recording for the Australian Grand Prix which recorded fine. As expected it also recorded the Malaysian Grand Prix which is great, trouble is, it didn't as I would have expected and create another folder, no, it stuffs the Malaysian GP in the Australian folder. Am I missing a trick? Is it me or the machine's software that's none too bright?
Why would you expect it to create another folder? the whole purpose of a series recording is to record the whole series, and place it in one series folder. The Humax is doing what you have asked it to do, so I don't see your problem.

Thank you Mr Black Hole had a senior moment there , That will teach me not to reply in a hurry,:) but Mighty Oak Bob using the cursor keys and ok button allows quick access to any part of your recording

Why would you expect it to create another folder? the whole purpose of a series recording is to record the whole series, and place it in one series folder. The Humax is doing what you have asked it to do, so I don't see your problem.
It's just what I'm used to Brian. On the Sky box, if you record the series of Coronation Street it will pop the lot in the same folder or stack as they call it, as every episode has the same name. But when you record a series of F1 it creates a new stack for each grand prix and puts practise,qualy and the race in same GP stack. To me it is a bit naff to find the Malaysian GP inside the Australian GP's folder.

Bob.

Also press play and use the centre ring ( don't know what it's called ) which surround the ok button to advance to any place on the recorded program
I'm obviously missing something here. All I've come across is the 4 arrow keys, The first two go back/forward at up to 32x and the other pair which move forward by 2 minutes at a time. I don't know of any other skip or move function. So I hold down the play (triangle key) and the left/right part of the silver ring simultaneously, is that correct? I'm at work at the moment so I can't try it.

Bob.

So I hold down the play (triangle key) and the left/right part of the silver ring simultaneously, is that correct? I'm at work at the moment so I can't try it.
No. Press (and release) the play button. This brings up the timeline (green strip at bottom of screen); you can then move forward and backward along the timeline with the arrows either side of the OK button.

Each program has a unique ID number and can also have a Series Number set by the broadcaster, All programs with the same series number will be placed in the same folder. To jump forward (and back) press and release play, while the play bar is on the screen press and hold the silver Left and Right keys

I'm obviously missing something here. All I've come across is the 4 arrow keys, The first two go back/forward at up to 32x and the other pair which move forward by 2 minutes at a time. I don't know of any other skip or move function. So I hold down the play (triangle key) and the left/right part of the silver ring simultaneously, is that correct? I'm at work at the moment so I can't try it.

Bob.

Assuming it's like all the other Humax pvrs. You press play once to get a progress bar on screen. The cursor controls (around the OK button) then move the current playback point.

Back