Is this correct behaviour?

TimK2015

Hi Folks

I recently bought an HDR-Fox T2 and put the custom firmware on it. I like the tweakability it allows so much so that I've got a another box on order due to arrive on Monday. I've put the TVDiary on as an extra and tried the Sweeper but couldn't get my head around that one.

I've now had a chance to tinker about and just wondered if the following is correct behaviour or not.

When I add/delete or change anything in the schedule via webif it tells me that I need to reboot the Humax. Is this is what is supposed to happen? And if so, out of curiosity, why?

Regards

TimK

Yes. Changes to the scheduling database (whatever they are) via WebIF or RS can only be incorporated when the Humax code is not running - there is a window of opportunity during the boot-up process, when the OS has started but before the humax.tv process is kicked off. (The humax.tv process handles alterations to the database from the SUI.) CF-mediated alterations are held in a pending queue until incorporated, and the queue can be manipulated (eg a deletion aborted) prior to the incorporation.

All this is well documented - see links in my signature panel at the bottom of this post. For particular information about any particular CF package, see the relevant entry in the wiki and/or the relevant forum topic (search titles only).

When I add/delete or change anything in the schedule via webif it tells me that I need to reboot the Humax.
You don't need to reboot if the event is sufficiently far in the future. In general you can just allow the normal wake/sleep cycles take care of it for you. The events will stay queued until the next time the Humax starts up from cold - because you started it to watch TV or a recording, for the 04:20 software update cycle or to make a recording.

Back