Issues after the 7 March retune event

Getting bizarre now.

Rescanned again last night.
COM6 appeared! but poor quality. Com8 disappeared !!!!

Tried again this morning. COM8 back. Good quality (at the mo). COM6 still there but poor. On the signal strength screen both bars are all over the place. Up, down, up, down... like a bleeding heart rate monitor.

Hi - since the Winter Hill changes on Wednesday night I've been intermittantly losing BBC New HD (and the other channels on 55). Goes from 50% down to zero after about 30 mins. If I reboot the box it's OK for a while. I'm only a stone's throw from Winter Hill (PR7 5, Coppull, Lancashire) with line of sight of the mast, so it's quite disappointing really. The channel does seem to be OK direct from the TV tuner, as far as I can see.

Same here! (Coppull). I can't say I have noticed any issues. I see that its still flagged for possible service interruptions this week though... (see HERE)

I am having similar issues with winter hill and my humax. It is very strange as my TV (that takes the aerial after the humax) can receive BBC news hd fine and my humax during a manual tune doesn't even find the channel. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

I am having similar issues with winter hill and my humax. It is very strange as my TV (that takes the aerial after the humax) can receive BBC news hd fine and my humax during a manual tune doesn't even find the channel. Has anyone found a resolution to this?
When you try to manually tune UHF channel 55 did you set the mode to DVB-T2 and leave the frequency at 570000?

In the OFCOM proposal concerning using UHF 55 and 56 for the interims it also included the proposal that one of then would have "an 8 MHz emission trimmed to 7 MHz". I don't know what this means but did you also try setting the bandwidth to 7MHZ and manual tuning as well as just using the default of 8Mhz?

It it possible that your TV is picking up COM7 from Emley Moor in which case you would need to manually tune the Humax to channel 32 (DVB-T2) to have the Humax emulate the TV.

What does the prediction for a suitable aerial pointing at Winter Hill from your location?
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes

After the reply from Luke (thanks) I checked the tuning on my TV and it verified CH55 746 MHz with quality 10 and strength 10 (out of 10)

So I tried another manual tune on the Humax leaving the default 8Mhz with DVB-T2 and that showed 65% strength and 100% quality and tuned fine.

So perhaps a box reboot in between helped or there were intermittent transmitter issues or I messed up before in some way :)

Thanks

The last option is most likely;). And not setting a DBV-T2 scan the most likely of the 'messing up' options.:)

Back