It was breezy this morning!

MymsMan

Ad detector
Plans for a lay in were spoilt by noises from the roof.

IMG_20191102_084702.jpg

Surprisingly we still have a watchable signal on SD channels even with the aerial hanging down
IMG_20191102_144154.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting shaped satellite dish you have. Looks just like an aerial. :D (That was based on just your first picture. Now that you've posted a second picture, my comment makes even less sense)

Must depend on how close you are to the transmitter and how powerful it is. I can get a decent signal, most of the time, from a transmitter 90° away from the direction of my aerial - horizontally of course.

Last edited:
The aerial is normally mounted on a post at the apex of the roof in attempt to avoid the woodlands on the other side of the road which have caused problems with other aerial placements.

So it was quite a surprise to find a signal, albeit weaker, with the aerial at a lower level and 90° in the wrong direction

The bracket mounting screws were only long enough to go into the plastic fascia and didn't penetrate the wood behind :(

the fascia people? (I'd guess the latter.)
Effectively there was only a single screw holding the aerial in place,
Screws aren't that expensive!
The company boss has already been out to look at it so it should be fixed next week.

The bracket mounting screws were only long enough to go into the plastic fascia and didn't penetrate the wood behind
That piddly little bracket is completely inadequate for that length of pole and that size of aerial. Think of the turning force on it...
It needs fixing into brick, not wood, and certainly not plastic.
Did you have the bloke with the horse as well?

Back