Item stuck in Queue Tasks after crash - how to remove reminder please

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
Got an item stuck 'RUNNING' in queued tasks after a crash while auto-decrypting. Can someone remind me how to clear it as none of the buttons work on it?

There ought to be a startup task to set these back to PENDING to prevent this sort of stupidity.
Deleting the whole database just to clear one row is a bit of a sledgehammer really.

There ought to be a startup task to set these back to PENDING to prevent this sort of stupidity.
Deleting the whole database just to clear one row is a bit of a sledgehammer really.
It would be nice but here it happens very infrequently hence my asking for a reminder. Other than shrinking three files there's nothing else in the queue.

FWIW the last crash was back in October with no consequences, then twice yesterday after installing the IR package for a play. It was too much of a coincidence so I've removed it to see what happens.

When I have had this problem I have used the Webif to rename the recording that is stuck in the queue. The process then will report 'file not found' and move on as normal.

It is perfectly normal for a queued task to be back in Running after a crash - it is supposed to rerun incomplete queued tasks.

What would be abnormal is when a task stays in running for an unusually long time (irrespective of whether the a crash had occurred) and needs to be investigated by looking at auto.log - how long after restart did you try to kill it (the queue display shows the started time)

Just deleting the queue entry or entire queue could result in being added back on to the queue by the autodecrypt flag setting. It would be better to put the entry into HOLD status

The only things which will not get reinstated is any task which has been added to the queue manually. Jobs which are the result of auto-processing will just get re-added.

Just deleting the queue entry or entire queue could result in being added back on to the queue by the autodecrypt flag setting.
Or a glitch (such as a corrupted queue.db file) just needs sorting out and everything will be fine after that.

It is perfectly normal for a queued task to be back in Running after a crash - it is supposed to rerun incomplete queued tasks.
Yes, but is it really running, or does it just say it is (because that's what was set before the crash) and it really isn't?

Yes, but is it really running, or does it just say it is (because that's what was set before the crash) and it really isn't?
Tried that tactic but got a 'file in use' refusal.
The 'file in use' would indicate that it probably is running - it could be something else but unless the recording was being played it is fairly unlikely to be in use by anything else.
Restarting after failure is pretty well tested over the years

The 'file in use' would indicate that it probably is running..
I gave it more than long enough to finish once it once I'd restarted the machine, say from around 9am until well after BH's post at 11:32am. The Queue is set to run from 23:00 and the machine set to switch off at midnight but was still on and unresponsive so it was obvious it had crashed.

Can't remember now if the 'file in use' came from the WebIF or Windows on the machine I used to copy off the files belonging to the stuck item. Once I'd deleted the Queue DB I copied them back and manually decrypted the item with no problem.

Back