ITV HD info and guide blank

GeoffT

I've just noticed that my ITV HD has no channel info or guide data. I can view the channel OK and picture is perfect, but the line in the guide is just blank as is the info panel.

ITV2 & ITV4 are fine & ITV3 isn't broadcasting at the moment so that's blank anyway. Signal strength is 61%, quality 100%. All other channels are OK.

Has anything changed regarding tuning? Anyone else seeing the same thing? Any other suggestions as to what it might be?

I'm in the South West, East Devon area.

I've just noticed that my ITV HD has no channel info or guide data. I can view the channel OK and picture is perfect, but the line in the guide is just blank as is the info panel.

ITV2 & ITV4 are fine & ITV3 isn't broadcasting at the moment so that's blank anyway. Signal strength is 61%, quality 100%. All other channels are OK.

Has anything changed regarding tuning? Anyone else seeing the same thing? Any other suggestions as to what it might be?

I'm in the South West, East Devon area.
Sudbury transmitter is also missing the ITV HD guide (edit: EIT p/f and schedule but just for today), and not just on my Humaxies. As the other HD channels which are broadcast on the same frequncy are OK this will be a broadcast chain issue and nothing you can do about it by adjusting your Humax.

On a different note ...
ITV3 isn't broadcasting at the moment so that's blank anyway.
That does not sound right. ITV3 has been broadcast on the same frequency as ITV1 SD and ITV2 since March 2018. If you loose one then you should loose all three.

How long have you not been receiving ITV3?

When you tune to ITV3 and then look at the signal strength what 'Channel' does it initially report on the Signal Detection display?

Last edited:
Sudbury transmitter is also missing the ITV HD guide, and not just on my Humaxies. As the other HD channels which are broadcast on the same frequncy are OK this will be a broadcast chain issue and nothing you can do about it by adjusting your Humax.

On a different note ...

That does not sound right. ITV3 has been broadcast on the same frequency as ITV1 SD and ITV2 since March 2018. If you loose one then you should loose all three.

How long have you not been receiving ITV3?

When you tune to ITV3 and then look at the signal strength what 'Channel' does it initially report on the Signal Detection display?

Thanks for that. Pleased it's nothing specific to my box.

I can receive ITV3 I think, I can't remember the last time, if ever we watched it to be honest, but it just says "no programmes are being transmitted at the moment" by this channel if I go to it and the guide panel is blank like ITV HD. Its channel 25 on the signal strength page and 60% signal strength 100% quality

I can receive ITV3 I think, I can't remember the last time, if ever we watched it to be honest, but it just says "no programmes are being transmitted at the moment" by this channel if I go to it and the guide panel is blank like ITV HD. Its channel 25 on the signal strength page and 60% signal strength 100% quality
25 is the correct number if you are recieving from Caradon Hill, but the old, now incorrect number, if you are receiving from Stockland Hill.

If it is Stockland Hill that is your transmitter then if you want to start receiving ITV3 again you will need to action a retune at some point.
Presumably you do not have tunefix-update installed for automatic channel updates?

25 is the correct number if you are recieving from Caradon Hill, but the old, now incorrect number, if you are receiving from Stockland Hill.

If it is Stockland Hill that is your transmitter then if you want to start receiving ITV3 again you will need to action a retune at some point.
Presumably you do not have tunefix-update installed for automatic channel updates?

I have tunefix but not tunefix-update installed. My box is so reliable that I haven't done anything to it in ages, is that a newer version? According to a postcode checker I should be using Stockland Hill. We moved house 6 months ago but everything worked fine, so I haven't changed anything since. Looks like I need to update.

I have tunefix but not tunefix-update installed... is that a newer version?
tunefix

Retunes can be complex, particularly if in an area served by multiple transmitters (see Things Every... click, section 2). Even if in a single transmitter area, there are usually a large number of services that you are not interested in to be deleted (if you leave them, they clutter the EPG and services list unnecessarily). tunefix is configurable with a page accessed via Settings, and once set up to your liking will automatically remove transmitters and services following a retune (requires a reboot after the retune).​

tunefix-update

Bypasses the need to retune the HD-FOX/HDR-FOX by making appropriate modifications to the tuning data when required (instead of starting from scratch like a retune). This avoids the annoyances of retunes. To be effective, tunefix-update needs to be at its current revision at all times, and (from version 1.0.35) can do this independent of the auto-update package. Use in combination with disable-dso for best benefit.​
You will need to run a retune manually before tunefix-update can then track changes automagically.

Don't retune. It will come back. They seem to have a problem at their end and a retune will not make it better and could possibly make the situation worse.
It's OK on ITC SD in my area (and others)

Thanks for all of the the help. I've installed tunefix-update, done a manual retune, rebooted and now have ITV3 back. Still no ITV HD guide obviously but I'm sure they will sort that soon.

So now I have tunefix-update running, I presume that will take care of any future changes? (I know it's the wrong part of the forum, sorry)

So, no guide data at all till Good Morning Britain 6am Monday.

Lucky I had the presence of mind to set a manual recording of Celebrity Catchphrase.

I noticed this a couple of days ago, but couldn't decide which was the appropriate forum to post to!
I checked the Samsung TV I watch the T2 on, and that too has nothing for ITV1 HD. I did loads of searches, but no-one was mentioning it before this post.
Just checked my 4K Samsung, and that does have EPG info.

Back