ITV HD transponder changes

grahamlthompson

ITV HD freesat users should note that today the transponder moved to 11097 V (Astra 2F) and all 4 versions of the regional variants should now be available depending on postcode.

Uncertain if ITV HD London will remain on existing transponder or move to above.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=ITV+HD&Submit=Zap

Currently no epg on freetime boxes.

Users of Freetime G2 boxes check your ITV HD recording schedules today (after epg returns). Foxsat users tomorrow.

ITV HD freesat users should note that today the transponder moved to 11097 V (Astra 2F) and all 4 versions of the regional variants should now be available depending on postcode.

Uncertain if ITV HD London will remain on existing transponder or move to above.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=ITV HD&Submit=Zap

Currently no epg on freetime boxes.

Users of Freetime G2 boxes check your ITV HD recording schedules today (after epg returns). Foxsat users tomorrow.

Sometimes I feel I inhabit a different world to you, Graham! (Well, I did swap Redditch for Sheffield, and you vice versa.)

Can we have that in plain English? Where is ITV Yorkshire HD on that link? Why are only BBC1 and 2 customizable on my Foxsat? What on earth does the last line of your message mean?

Last line is pretty self explanatory. Freetime G2 box owners check recording schedules after the EPG returns. Foxsat box owners check them tomorrow.
And why on earth do you totally unnecessarily quote the full text of the immediately preceding post.

In the end my epg finally returned, my HDR1000S is still on ITV-London (I had to re-enter recording schedule). Won't know about the Foxsat till tomorrow.

There are four ITV HD regions on 11097 V, these are expected to get allocated by your postcode. London, Granada, Central West and Meridian South. Could be more disruption to come.

Today ITV HD moved from 10832 H to 11097 V (there is two versions) postcode alIocation is still to come.

see

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=ITV+HD&Submit=Zap

ITV unlike the BBC do not want you to watch other regions, they want you to watch the local adverts.

Last line is pretty self explanatory. Freetime G2 box owners check recording schedules after the EPG returns. Foxsat box owners check them tomorrow.
And why on earth do you totally unnecessarily quote the full text of the immediately preceding post.

Because it was all incomprehensible and I am not psychic about whether someone will reply to #1 before I do.

First line says the move is today (yesterday) but all 4 regional variants should be available. Not true on two levels. Not available today (yesterday) or today (today) on Freesat, so contradicts last line. Also, there are no regional variants that fit my post code as far as I can see, all those 4 seem to be Southerner stuff.

So, totally incomprehensible from start to finish! :disagree: That is why I quoted it, the other reason being given above.

It is now Friday. What am I supposed to be seeing on my Foxsat HDR and TV?

All I can see are several channels in the non-freesat areas of both that are labelled "ITV HD".

You should have 119 in Freesat mode, with an epg only populated to next Wednesday. As I said needed to keep an eye on ITV HD. Try a freesat retune. Same applies to your TV.

You should have 119 in Freesat mode, with an epg only populated to next Wednesday. As I said needed to keep an eye on ITV HD. Try a freesat retune. Same applies to your TV.

As if I hadn't already retuned both several times. :confused:

ITV are currently denying any problem, despite the fact that so far unable to find anyone with a epg entry beyond Wednesday morning on any Freesat platform. So far a deafening silence from Freesat and ITV :eek:. Incredible, don't they have a quality control capability ? How hard is to at least use a selection of the commonly used official Freesat certified boxes to realise this is a real issue.

If the situation is not rectified by Tuesday, any advertiser using ITV HD should insist on a massive refund, perhaps then they might finally get the message. I always thought Channel 5 were the numpties, seems ITV are going to get the Booby Prize :(

Edit: Ah! Got it now. Channel 119 is only showing an EPG stretching to Wednesday 6am. My region is showing as Granada, though, which is wrong. Channel 103 says ITV Calendar at 18:00 today.

There is still no option to edit customisable ITV channels on the Foxsat.

What did you think GLT was talking about PC119?

Or the F-119 engine?

"You should have 119 in Freesat mode,"

119 channels? Sounds low! But he meant channel 119. This was in response to my saying "All I can see are several channels in the non-freesat areas of both that are labelled "ITV HD"."

"with an epg only populated to next Wednesday. "

Given my epg was apparently populated to next Monday, and I hadn't realized he was only talking about Channel 119 not being populated, it was an easy misunderstanding to make!

Anyway, how do just 4 HD channels for ITV1 cover 23(?) regional broadcasts? Or have I misunderstood that too?

There isn't the space nor money to recreate all 23 SD regions in HD. Many of these are sub regions only. Currently ITV HD has four of which only two were on the Freesat epg (Granada and London). The other two were encrypted and only available on a Sky box. The new transponder has space for two more. It's possible that Yorkshire ITV HD may be available in the future. The epg is back now but missing the SD HD link on freetime boxes.

Thinks:

One ITV HD channel?
4 crudely regional ITV HD channels?
Or BBC Look North in SD? ***

Easy choice!:p

Back