I've given up with custom firmware, hopeless.

fatbloke

Tried 6 usb sticks absolutely nothing, 2 of which used to work fine. Trying to find answers online is absolutely useless, you'll just spend all day on the PC and end up with a screaming headache. My advice try a few usb's and if you get nothing forget it, the Humax doesn't want to know!

That's a very defeatist attitude you have, I'm sure that someone will be along to offer some advice.:)

Tried 6 usb sticks absolutely nothing, 2 of which used to work fine. Trying to find answers online is absolutely useless, you'll just spend all day on the PC and end up with a screaming headache. My advice try a few usb's and if you get nothing forget it, the Humax doesn't want to know!

I have 4 different sticks and they all work fine. Firstly re-format the stick on a PC. Copy and check you have the correct name for the .hdf file and only have this single file on the stick. With the Foxsat in sby insert the stick and press and hold the boot button in the box front (not the remote control) until you see the firmware loading screen. Works every time with my Foxsat.

I have 4 different sticks and they all work fine. Firstly re-format the stick on a PC. Copy and check you have the correct name for the .hdf file and only have this single file on the stick. With the Foxsat in sby insert the stick and press and hold the boot button in the box front (not the remote control) until you see the firmware loading screen. Works every time with my Foxsat.
Thanks for the info, I've already formated the sticks on my PC but have found three different .hdf file names. Do you happen to know the correct file name, as I'm fed up with running up and down the stairs. If so I'll have another go, thanks.

Thanks for the info, I've already formated the sticks on my PC but have found three different .hdf file names. Do you happen to know the correct file name, as I'm fed up with running up and down the stairs. If so I'll have another go, thanks.

Full instructions in the download, latest version here.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/16508228-post1.html

If you need a rar extractor 7-zip is free

http://7-zip.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CKyj566txrACFUcKfAodj2S2Yw

Full instructions in the download, latest version here.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/16508228-post1.html

If you need a rar extractor 7-zip is free

http://7-zip.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CKyj566txrACFUcKfAodj2S2Yw
Thanks once again , I've tried another three sticks but it's still not having it, it just wont recognise any of them. I also tried the connection on the back. I always use the usb to upgrade to the latest updates but the last one a few months ago wouldn't work, so i guess the problem was already there, just seems strange that i can still copy on to the sticks. Thanks again.

We are to assume that you are using the on/off button on the front of the Foxsat, not the on/off on the remote control?

Thanks once again , I've tried another three sticks but it's still not having it, it just wont recognise any of them. I also tried the connection on the back. I always use the usb to upgrade to the latest updates but the last one a few months ago wouldn't work, so i guess the problem was already there, just seems strange that i can still copy on to the sticks. Thanks again.

One other thought, Windows suppresses file extensions by default. You don't by any chance have a file called

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.hdf because you can't see the existing .hdf in Windows Explorer.

Control panel. type 'ext' in the search box (without the ''), in Folder options, chose 'Show or Hide file extensions, uncheck 'Hide file extensions for known file types' This is W7, Vista may be a bit different but the final popup is the same.

Control panel. type 'ext' in the search box (without the ''), in Folder options, chose 'Show or Hide file extensions, uncheck 'Hide file extensions for known file types' This is W7, Vista may be a bit different but the final popup is the same.
I'll try that now, and yes i am using the on /off button on the Humax. Cheers.

I'll try that now, and yes i am using the on /off button on the Humax. Cheers.
I have one usb drive of 1Gb that didn't work, but all my others do. Yours aren't all the same make by any chance?

I have one usb drive of 1Gb that didn't work, but all my others do. Yours aren't all the same make by any chance?
Hi, at last my sister gave me a usb that worked but now another problem! When i put the stick in and press the standby button on the humax the numbers on the panel just seem to roll round and round. I kept pressing the standby button for a good five minuets but still no sigh of (p) or end. I had to let go my arm was starting to ache. I tried the IP address on the PC but no surprise nothing there. How long should you have to hold the standby for?

Hi, at last my sister gave me a usb that worked but now another problem! When i put the stick in and press the standby button on the humax the numbers on the panel just seem to roll round and round. I kept pressing the standby button for a good five minuets but still no sigh of (p) or end. I had to let go my arm was starting to ache. I tried the IP address on the PC but no surprise nothing there. How long should you have to hold the standby for?

Only a few seconds till the updating splash screen comes up on the TV.

I've just tried again. The splash screen came up and went off very quickly but i think it loaded, but still nothing on my PC when i type in the hdr IP address. Any ideas?

When you boot the Foxsat the front display should say Custom Firmware V4.0.7. If it doesn't it hasn't worked. Can you take a photo of your menu/system/network settings and post it somewhere ?.

If you open a cmd window and ping 192.1.168.104 (substitute your IP address - thats mine) do you get a response

When you boot the Foxsat the front display should say Custom Firmware V4.0.7. If it doesn't it hasn't worked. Can you take a photo of your menu/system/network settings and post it somewhere ?.

If you open a cmd window and ping 192.1.168.104 (substitute your IP address - thats mine) do you get a response
Hi and thanks for your help. Yes it does show the custom firmware when you turn on. My neighbour got back from his holls this morning and he popped in. He installs computers for the M.O.D and he had a quick look. He seems to think it's my router (BILLION) and said it will be no problem to manually set it up to allow the IP address to work. Don't ask me i have no idea what he was talking about! I'll let you know tomorrow if he did it.

Hi and thanks for your help. Yes it does show the custom firmware when you turn on. My neighbour got back from his holls this morning and he popped in. He installs computers for the M.O.D and he had a quick look. He seems to think it's my router (BILLION) and said it will be no problem to manually set it up to allow the IP address to work. Don't ask me i have no idea what he was talking about! I'll let you know tomorrow if he did it.

Sounds like you have the right neighbour :). The easiest way is to ensure your Foxsat-hdr has a fixed IP address.

Sounds like you have the right neighbour :). The easiest way is to ensure your Foxsat-hdr has a fixed IP address.
Hi, my neighbour came round today, went into the router settings and sorted it out in a couple of minuets. Everything works great.
Just one thing, what's the WebIf channel list for, what does it actually do? Once again thanks for your help.

Hi, my neighbour came round today, went into the router settings and sorted it out in a couple of minuets. Everything works great.
Just one thing, what's the WebIf channel list for, what does it actually do? Once again thanks for your help.
Whatever channels you select from Webif Channel Lists are what will appear on the two EPG pages. This keeps the EPG list down to a manageable size. Rather than wait forever for the EPG to be populated with the full list, you only list the channels you want. Consequently the page refreshes much quicker.

Back