John Lewis + Humax

(At time of writing - Sep. 4th 2014) Five Freesat boxes and two Sound bars, but nothing terrestrial. Probably got pissed off with the number of returns for trivial faults such as HDMI incompatibility and minor disk problems rendering the box unusable. Then there's the debacle of Youview to add to the mix. You can understand why.

Last edited:
It means that in refining your search for Freeview, Freesat and smart boxes on the JL site the available brands are, Manhattan, Panasonic, Apple, BT, Phillips and Sky. No Humax.

oh, didnt think you were still referring to the JL site.

Missing from the Brands because they have been lumped into "On Demand boxes" - a JL error.

John Lewis have now got a couple of terrestrial boxes listed on their website, the HDR-1800T, and HDR-2000T. They also have the Humax USB Wi-Fi Dongle.

John Lewis have now got a couple of terrestrial boxes listed on their website
John Lewis did include humax terrestrial before "now" on their website, as pointed out in ChrisDaniels's post #6. It was their classification that was very wrong.

John Lewis did include humax terrestrial before "now" on their website, as pointed out in ChrisDaniels's post #6. It was their classification that was very wrong.
I was just responding to earlier comments in this thread, when there were only Seven Humax products listed. There are now currently Ten Humax products listed, the extra Three being the ones mentioned in my post #7.

I was just responding to earlier comments in this thread, when there were only Seven Humax products listed. There are now currently Ten Humax products listed, the extra Three being the ones mentioned in my post #7.
This is an example of a way that threads can evolve. Someone posts something and then the knowledge builds as more is added.
I was just trying to be helpful by pointing out what had evolved in this thread as you had stated "John Lewis have now got a couple of terrestrial boxes listed on their website" which did not take account of how this thread has evolved.

The John Lewis website has indexing/classification issues. At the very least the 2000T was there all along but it was miss-classified and ChrisDaniels's post #6 pointed this out and I have no difficulty finding the dongle when this thread was started. John Lewis hadn't withdrawn Humax freeview products from sale. I.e. It was just a web site error which made it difficult, but not impossible, to find a Humax freeview product on the John Lewis website.

This is an example of a way that threads can evolve. Someone posts something and then the knowledge builds as more is added.
I was just trying to be helpful by pointing out what had evolved in this thread as you had stated "John Lewis have now got a couple of terrestrial boxes listed on their website" which did not take account of how this thread has evolved.

The John Lewis website has indexing/classification issues. At the very least the 2000T was there all along but it was miss-classified and ChrisDaniels's post #6 pointed this out. John Lewis hadn't withdrawn Humax freeview products from sale. I.e. It was just a web site error which made it difficult, but not impossible, to find a Humax freeview product on the John Lewis website.
All I know is that after the OP started this thread 9 days ago, I did a JL website search for the word "Humax" which came up with just the 7 products mentioned by prpr in post #2. There were No terrestrial products mentioned. Post #6 makes no mention of terrestrial products either, and I remember doing another search at that time, and still no terrestrial products, even in the "On Demand boxes" category. These have appeared/reappeared since that date.

Back