Just bought HDR-2000T but WIFI doesn't work

Siouzie14

I have just purchased an HDR-2000T with 1TB capacity & Wifi having upgraded from a 4yo Humax box which worked well. I bought the HDR-2000T specifically for the Wifi connection.

All fine with the box as far as TV is concerned but I cannot get the wifi to work.

Humax telephone support is closed until Monday, and there seems to be a problem accessing the Humax web site for support questions.

I inserted the Humax wifi dongle and followed all instructions to set up the wifi network. I have a BT HomeHub 3.0 with BT Openreach located on the first floor and the wifi works very satisfactorily all over my house including close to the TV on the ground floor. All phones and laptops work fine with the wifi as usual.

On automatic selection of the wifi name, the security type is greyed out and I have left it as WPA-PSK (TKIP) and I have also tried setting up the network name & security type manually.

I input the wireless key which comprises 10 alphanumerics either a digit or a lower case letter (no special characters). Tried this several times and the system thought about it for a while and then returned a dialog box with saying "Connection Failed - check your settings and try again"

I have read on some forums that there may be a problem with the password length. I have tried this about 8-10 times and it doesn't connect. Any suggestions?

What Authentication Mode is your BT HomeHub 3.0 expecting? the common ones are :- WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, the reason I ask is because 10 alphanumerics is a common password key length for WEP and as you have said the Wi-Fi dongle is using WPA-PSK (TKIP)

If you have a Windows PC that connects to the WiFi network, you can look at the connection credentials set on it to check what you should be configuring the Humax to (this doesn't work with something like an iPad, because the credentials are hidden).

If you have a Windows PC that connects to the WiFi network, you can look at the connection credentials set on it to check what you should be configuring the Humax to (this doesn't work with something like an iPad, because the credentials are hidden).
Which credentials are hidden on an iPad?

I think BH is referring to the iPad not giving any details relating to wifi security associated with a given connection.

The BT Homehub Advanced Settings page allows you to set the authentication to what you want.

I have just purchased an HDR-2000T with 1TB capacity & Wifi having upgraded from a 4yo Humax box which worked well. I bought the HDR-2000T specifically for the Wifi connection.

All fine with the box as far as TV is concerned but I cannot get the wifi to work.

Humax telephone support is closed until Monday, and there seems to be a problem accessing the Humax web site for support questions.

I inserted the Humax wifi dongle and followed all instructions to set up the wifi network. I have a BT HomeHub 3.0 with BT Openreach located on the first floor and the wifi works very satisfactorily all over my house including close to the TV on the ground floor. All phones and laptops work fine with the wifi as usual.

On automatic selection of the wifi name, the security type is greyed out and I have left it as WPA-PSK (TKIP) and I have also tried setting up the network name & security type manually.

I input the wireless key which comprises 10 alphanumerics either a digit or a lower case letter (no special characters). Tried this several times and the system thought about it for a while and then returned a dialog box with saying "Connection Failed - check your settings and try again"

I have read on some forums that there may be a problem with the password length. I have tried this about 8-10 times and it doesn't connect. Any suggestions?

According to Humax, dongle will only accept a wireless code of upto 8 characters. (My router was 10, so had to change my router and all other connected devices in the house.)
But I still had problems, and Humax told me not to use the rear usb for the dongle. Not helpful to me!! But then found that with a short - 20cm - usb extension cable the rear usb would work fine.

Back