KDE or Gnome Desktop Environment on the HUMAX?

sohlinux

Hi,

Is it possible to run KDE or Gnome Desktop Environment on the Fox T2? if so what are the commands to install it?

thanks

How do you propose to interact with it, even if it were possible?

They would need to be compiled for the Humax Linux environment, which is going to be troublesome.

Definitely not, you would be a pioneer if you gave it a try. There is limited information on the Wiki, scan down to the Technical Information section.

I think you are over-estimating the system resources available for running a graphical desktop though.

Definitely not, you would be a pioneer if you gave it a try. There is limited information on the Wiki, scan down to the Technical Information section.

I think you are over-estimating the system resources available for running a graphical desktop though.

I would rather not be the pioneer, Ill wait for someone else to give it a try, I just wondered if it had been done before but I suppose the box is not really powerful enough, im just running the mv command on ssh and while doing so the box has slowed down considerably while using the remote to browse through the planner etc, a graphical desktop would probably kill it.

Back