Keep humax hdr fox t2 on using RS reminder

Update.... setting a reminder for daily 24 hours causes RS to send me a recoding conflict email. I'll ignore them for now
They are real. A reminder schedule blocks up one recording "channel", leaving only one available for actual recordings (or two if they happen to be on the existing muxes). Reminders take priority.
Oh I see, I thought it was the other way round as when you are watching tv sometimes you get a message saying the humax is going to switch channel in order to record.
Correct. But that's passive watching rather than active "turn on or change channel because I've scheduled to watch this".
Just to clear this up: based on observations of the behaviour of a HD-FOX (one tuner, and only one simultaneous recording), it seems a reminder schedule only "blocks" at its start time. After that, new reminders or recordings which start before the end of the original reminder schedule time are not treated as conflicts by the HD-FOX. This could mean the RS algorithm is too aggressive. (Recording schedules "block" for their whole duration.)

What remains to be tested is how the on/off timing is affected when the unit is turned on by a reminder, but that reminder is interrupted by another reminder or recording.

So I seem to not be having much luck in keeping the humax on over this last week. I've turned off power management through the bootup settings and when the humax was on in standby mode but recording a program, I used the webif remote and turned the humax on. However, after the program has recorded the humax is still turning itself off.

The pic is showing my current schedule (RS) for monday (a quiet day!). I've played around abit with additonal reminders but as mentioned in an earlier post i can't set up a daily reminder for 24 hours without it impacting on the other recordings (where there a 2 recordings at the same time).

What i would like is for the unit to stay on after a recording but I'm not succeeding as yet.

Thanks

Rodp

Screenshot_20200816-131738_Chrome.jpg

Well, if you're not there to actually turn it on, can't you get somebody else to do it? My units stay on 24/7 (and just need rebooting from time to time).

No one is at home - that's the problem. Once I get home I can sort all this out but for now just trying to get it to stay on.

More faff than 24hr reminders but you could set individual reminders to fill in the gaps between scheduled recordings

The thing is I thought the having set a reminder 6 till 6.30am and turning auto power to OFF and bringing it out of standby mode via pressing the power button on the webif remote would have stopped itself turning off. It's rather odd that it's not staying on after a recording or a reminder.

bringing it out of standby mode via pressing the power button on the webif remote
What sort of standby? If it is in full stand-by would the power button on the webif remote work?

If it is awake because of a remnider, wouldn't that put it in stand-by, and then when any recording had completed it would go into full stand-by?

The standby that you see on the webif status drop down prompt, when it's recording but not fully on. Perhaps I should call it 'half on' to save confusion. :)

We call it "half awake".

If it is awake because of a remnider, wouldn't that put it in stand-by
Yes, I think it would. Reminders from standby are not half-awake, they are fully awake, and the power button would send it to standby. Only recordings from standby are half-awake, and the power button would take them to fully awake.

We call it "half awake".

Yes, I think it would. Reminders from standby are not half-awake, they are fully awake, and the power button would send it to standby. Only recordings from standby are half-awake, and the power button would take them to fully awake.

So yes, that is what i did, the unit was recording in half wake mode and I then pressed the power button on the webif remote control to make it fully awake. This worked (it said it was recording the programme still AND watching my default channel). However after it finished recording it shut down to standby.

That's not what should have happened

Other than manually creating reminders dotted all over the schedule, are there any thoughts / work arounds that I could try once the humax wakes up again for the next scheduled recording to ensure it doesn't turn itself off?

Thanks

Rodp

Either your HDR-FOX is misbehaving, or the ir package virtual power button doesn't do exactly what the real power button does.

Having established that a reminder doesn't actually supersede a recording (so RS is crying wolf), you could go back to that method... but I'm not sure whether superseding the reminder will "forget" and go back to standby after the recording.

Last edited:
That's not what should have happened.
Agreed once you have waken it up with the power button it will not automatically go back into standby again at end of recording, it will only shut down again, after 3 hours of inactivity, if you have the auto power of setting enabled.

chaseget uses power on from half-awake to allow it to decrypt recordings in progress and has a timer driven task to put the humax back into standby when the recording is complete.

the unit was recording in half wake mode and I then pressed the power button on the webif remote control to make it fully awake.
Is there a chance that the recording was being processed by detectads in chaserun mode and that it was actually chaseget that woke up the humax (and then put it back into standby)

Is there a chance that the recording was being processed by detectads in chaserun mode and that it was actually chaseget that woke up the humax (and then put it back into standby)

Not using detectads and not decrypting as a program is recording - it decrypts after it's finished recording. Auto power has been set to off using the boot settings application and upon rebooting it seemed to be staying on at first but then after a days it then seemed to return back to it's normal self. I tried re applying it but made no difference. I guess I could try uninstalling the package and adding it in again.

Back