Keep losing Humax icon in network

My brother has installed the latest custom software on is new Humax hdr. He want's to access the files on the humax via the Humax icon when you go to network from my computer on Win 7 instead of using FTP. He has installed Samba for this to work. It works fine but everytime he switches the Humax off the Icon dosn't re-appear on the computer then it is switched back on. He has restarted the computer and the humax numerous times to no avail. Switching Samba off and then on in the interface (http://192. etc) seems to work but only till he switches the Humax off and then it's disappeared again when he switches the humax on. Re-installing Samba also works while the humax is on! He has also tried completely re-installing the custom software.
I have the software working on my setup with no problems at all. My connection to the Humax is by Ethernet and his is by Wireless. Can anyone more savvy than us help!

My HDR disappeared from my Win7 PC yesterday, although I can usually access it and I never fail to mount it on the HD. Make of that what you will.

My brother has installed the latest custom software on is new Humax hdr. He want's to access the files on the humax via the Humax icon when you go to network from my computer on Win 7 instead of using FTP. He has installed Samba for this to work. It works fine but everytime he switches the Humax off the Icon dosn't re-appear on the computer then it is switched back on. He has restarted the computer and the humax numerous times to no avail. Switching Samba off and then on in the interface (http://192. etc) seems to work but only till he switches the Humax off and then it's disappeared again when he switches the humax on. Re-installing Samba also works while the humax is on! He has also tried completely re-installing the custom software.
I have the software working on my setup with no problems at all. My connection to the Humax is by Ethernet and his is by Wireless. Can anyone more savvy than us help!

This has been a problem with Windoze for at least 15 years, maybe more. Machines disappear and reappear at random. I remember it in the days of NT4, and it is still there. Just type the machine name into the address bar, as \\machine_name, and it should reappear. Alternatively, map a drive letter to it.

Thanks Mike0001.
He has mapped a drive for the Humax and can now access the files in "media" no matter how many times he times the Humax off and on.:)

Back