Keeping up-to-date with channel moves

Last night , while watching Dave, I got an onscreen message warning me that it was moving to Channel 19 (on Monday I think) and I may need to re-tune.
This obviously affects Yesterday (currently on 19) and who knows what else. I'm sure tunefix-update will sort it all out for me - and, yes, I know that's a Customised Firmware matter!

My real question is if anybody can recommend a good source to keep abreast of these things?

I used to keep an eye on a516digital which was always well ahead of the game but that website has now closed. When it closed it recommended following the @ukdtt twitter
account but I'm finding that pretty useless - there was nothing on it about this change when I looked 5mins ago.

Any reliable recommendations greatly appreciated.

Last night , while watching Dave, I got an onscreen message warning me that it was moving to Channel 19 (on Monday I think) and I may need to re-tune.
This obviously affects Yesterday (currently on 19) and who knows what else.
Dave, Yesterday and Home. Another essentially pointless 3-way rotate.
I'm sure tunefix-update will sort it all out for me
Maybe. I have to use the same sources for this.
I used to keep an eye on a516digital which was always well ahead of the game but that website has now closed. When it closed it recommended following the @ukdtt twitter
account but I'm finding that pretty useless - there was nothing on it about this change when I looked 5mins ago.
There's usually something on there after the event. @RXTV-log seems slightly better (linked from @ukdtt).

Last edited:
Dave, Yesterday and Home. Another essentially pointless 3-way rotate.
Oh for goodness sake! Why? Shirley everyone has got used to their current LCNs by now.
...and if you are content to continue with the old LCNs, no need to retune at all.
...until there is some need to change - channel changes mux, a new channel, muxes move about during the next switch-over "event". Then the LCNs will move. (Well, they will for me - and no possibility of changing them back with a 2000T :mad:)

Home and Quest? Thought it was Yesterday, Dave and Really doing the shuffle. Home isn't on Freeview is it?

Or maybe it's not closed after all .... and stop calling me Shirley ! :roflmao:

I thought these shuffles were usually to promote a broadcaster's 'prime' channel into a better LCN and I would have
imagined that Dave (already on 12) was the 'prime' out of those 3 - so seems even more pointless than usual.

Part of the UKTV carve-up fallout - BBC Studios gets some channels and Discovery gets some.
Home goes to Discovery, who also own Quest. Discovery will thus want Quest on 12 instead of 37 (and nobody gives a 5h!t about Home really - it's just a pawn in a bigger game). So UKTV are shuffling things round while they still can. Get it now?

Any reliable recommendations greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for a replacement for the excellent a516digital. Twitter is not a useful tool for this, the information has a longer lifetime than the twitter "fleeting moment" approach to news.

As mentioned already, RXTVlog on Facebook / Twitter is the suggested replacement for a516.

Last edited:
What's wrong with a thread on this website for LCN changes. There seem to be several peeps who have their fingers on the pulse as far as that's concerned.

Back