Keeping up-to-date with channel moves

Err, no... they prepare for a change - that's the point (but not by the length of time you're taking about).

Retune events are flagged as dates in the coverage checker.

One of my supported users has no internet connection, and never will. Her retunes have to be done manually.

And she's not in my region, so I can't use my box to give advance notice of the upcoming retunes.

Dream on...

No it didn't.
I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

a516digital gave many months of notice of retune events. There is one due for my supported users this November, which a516digital gave more than 12 months notice of.

One of my supported users has no internet connection, and never will. Her retunes have to be done manually.
Yes, went through that myself on 5th June. "Life" is now too complicated for the elderly, particularly if relatively isolated. In the "good old days", there were only 2-5 channels and they didn't move around.

We might think that, because we've grown up with it, we are more savvy. That's true (right now), but as our own mental agility declines we too will start to find these things difficult - even in the present state, even if things don't get still more complicated.

The world around us is designed by 20 to 30-somethings, who have absolutely no appreciation of what it is like to be old. Just take a look in your favourite coffee shop, and work out whether the cups they use are elderly-friendly: can you get more than one finger through the handle, so it does not rely on a strong grip to hold it steady? Is it too heavy?

I have ideas about writing a book on this.

OK then. The thing is here that the recent changes around LCNs 12, 19 and 25 do not require a retune. Do nothing and they stay where they always have been. Retune? Pointless.

The trend for high stools and tables in bars and restaurants is bad for the elderly too, they can't get up into them or back down. My supported user has this problem, it's driven her out of what was her favourite coffee shop.

OK then. The thing is here that the recent changes around LCNs 12, 19 and 25 do not require a retune. Do nothing and they stay where they always have been. Retune? Pointless.
No need to shout. I don't need the hearing aid - yet. :D
This is okay for this particular shuffle but, in general, things change multiplex and new channels do appear. Isn't it just as difficult for the increasingly confused (I include myself) to remember which changes actually need a retune and which do not? I've asked the question before - does anyone know whether other countries have this constant piddling about with LCNs?

Don't you shout at me mate, or I'll send the boys round.:laugh:

But emboldening is shouting really loudly.

Back