Keyword search not always returning HD channel versions?

probedb

Has anyone had any issues with this? I love the keyword search but it doesn't always seem to return the HD version of some programmes.

Yet going through the EPG I can find the HD version and select to record it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul.

Not found a problem myself when using search.

However I do notice that the HD versions of non-BBC programmes are not offered when I select the SD version, and, often my HD EPG is not fully loaded until about 5 mins after I power up.

Martin

The data has to be available for StDef and HiDef alternatives to be offered, and it is only BBC1 that does this. When BBC HD becomes BBC2 HD we might get it there too, but who knows why ITV and C4 don't support it.

It seems to vary but as I say the data is there because it's shown in the planner but doesn't always find it in a keyword search.

It's not a big problem but as there doesn't seem to be a +24hr button to navigate the guide it's a bit annoying at times when you're searching 5 days in advance :)

The skip buttons step through the EPG a day at a time (forward and back), the FF/REW buttons 2h at a time.

It seems to vary but as I say the data is there because it's shown in the planner but doesn't always find it in a keyword search.

The problem with the Humax keyword search is it has a 400 item limit, so if it finds 400 occurrences of the word 'Jewellery' from the Jewellery channel before it finds that movie you were looking for, called 'Jumping Jewellery', it won't be listed. The same is true of the Genre search, there are always 400 things with the same genre label that you don't want that prevents the things you do want from being listed

Well this is only returning a page or two of results but can still miss the HD stuff. I think it's possible that the EPG hasn't populated for whatever reason and has managed to fill itself by the time I get to actual show in the EPG.

Back