kinda stupid question regarding firmware choices...

Nosferatu

Why is there three? I wanted to install the DLNA server changer and it said I needed 2.20 .. fair enough I thought although I thought originally that firmware could be downloaded as an upgrade also.

so I check this site..

(SHA1: 5d437062e83eaf4647bd6461d635be844c00cad5)
(SHA1: ca763eb77909d787d0fd7921103ad7780b784525)
(SHA1: 3a8ccb1c4139d63e52a369d297f837266a965d48)

Part of me wants to install .32 - because higher. Is this the right thing to do? I can't seem to tell what the difference is between the three and I'm not sure why it's there.
Our box currently runs this:

Web interface version: 1.0.17-8
Custom firmware version: 2.14
Humax Version: 1.02.29 (kernel HDR_1.02.29)
Serial Number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rendered in: 0.178 seconds

cheers for the help!

1.03.12 is the latest firmware for the HDR-T2. You can upgrade anything to this level.
The others are older releases and only have specific uses now for a minority of people who wish to retain certain old behaviour.

See Things Every... (click) section 1 - it explains the pros and cons of the various firmware issues. If you are reliant on Audio Description for example, you don't want 1.03.12 (but are forced to sacrifice other features).

In a nutshell:

1.03.12 - latest and greatest, but the EPG is slow
1.02.32 - for people that want the faster EPG and can live with no iPlayer
1.02.20 - the last version that handled Audio Description volume levels sensibly

Thanks guys, but I have a problem... I've ran across this before but nothing I do is fixing it.

I first tried just upgrading to the custom.. then I refreshed it to the updated official and then custom

The very moment I stick in the humax wifi stick it crashes the box. And I don't have a practical way of getting an ethernet cable to it (all mine are stapled in etc)

Thing is, even with no wifi network selected it still happens, I even tried unplugging the wifi router and fibre modem... I know I have Plex and other media server apps running and I KNOW that certain ones in the past conflicted with it (Twonky) However regardless of what I do - it just won't work.

I think I may have managed to get into settings once and when I looked up my wifi connection it couldn't find any apns. When I use the wifi stick with the standard firmware I know it works fine (on default updated firmware)

Any help would be appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out over this one. I'm going to try running this util to see what happens but if you guys have any other ideas :)

Install as standard firmware update to perform a full
system flush and reset. This is designed to assist recovery
from crash/reboot loops and to clear everything out after
running RMA mode. Your recordings will not be affected.
NB: This will also clear most CFW package settings.

Last edited:
The first release Custom Firmware 3.00 crashed when wifi was used, due to the wifi driver not being built for iptables but the kernel was. Are you sure you have downloaded the latest custom firmware from the links, and are not using an old copy you had lying around?

I'm using the one linked above... HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.00.zip - (01/07/2014)

So I tried the flush file... the humax box appears to refuse to see it, the usb stick flashes a bit and then goes to the tv as normal.

I made sure that I was flashing with the right file, So I can confirm I'm using the latest version. I tried removing the opt+ folder ... hoping that it might have been a samba or smb setting

I'm really feeling a bit SOL now. When the wifi stick is in, the box just goes unresponsive, can't put into standby, cant restart with button or remote

Last edited:
I'm going to try the clear ip tables tool tomorrow since you mention it could be causing an issue. Any additional thoughts on this ? thanks

No joy with the clearing the ip tables.

Last edited:
You say you have no practical way to get wired Ethernet - but even temporarily? It's not prohibitively expensive to order a long Ethernet cable from eBay. Alternatively hook a PC directly to the Humax. There is not much you can do to find out what is going on without custom firmware and a network connection.

Ensure standard firmware is installed. Check that the Humax works correctly without the WiFi dongle. Switch off your WiFi network. Fit the dongle. If the Humax crashes, it's probably the dongle.

I said I don't have a practical way of connecting it to an ethernet cable.

I also said that the wifi dongle works fine with stock updated firmware. I tested this last night on the same box INBETWEEN attempts at getting the custom firmware working.

Thanks.

Neither of those were clear. If you definitely have the latest build of CF, I have no idea what the answer is. Nothing like this has been reported before.

So I've restored the machine to default most recent firmware, plugged in the dongle - jumped on the web and watched a bit of iplayer. Obviously not what I was looking for otherwise I wouldnt be posting here :) but yes I can certainly confirm 110% that it's working fine on the standard setup. It's a humax wifi stick, which I would surmise is reasonably common to those with humax boxes.

When the custom firmware is installed and the dongle plugged in, it either wont boot up at all or if plugged in when on freezes with audio playing. I even went as far as formating the drive and this hasn't helped either.

One of the last things I did on the original CM version I was using was update the wireless driver

http://hummypkg.org.uk/files.html?opk=rt3070_1.0_mipsel.opk&type=hdrfoxt2&set=base

This shouldn't have done anything permanently though right?

Last edited:
ok so I caved and plugged in a temp ethernet cable... started up, downloaded the webinterface, installed a few packages - rebooted, plugged in the wireless adapater, rebooted - froze. If it wasn't for the fact it works perfectly stock - I would also be blaming the dongle right now

What about if you have the Ethernet connected and plug in the dongle? If it stands up then the experts might be able to suggest Telnet commands to see what's happening.

sadly not :-/ the minute I plugin the dongle it freezes... when I do a restart with the dongle in it doesn't boot this is the case for either USB ports.

I ran debugtv ... but I'm not sure if it's just the way I'm reading this, but I'm only seeing the sucessful boots with no dongle?
Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/humaxtv.log 2.71 KiB

Micom Timestamp: 10 - Thu Jan 1 00:00:10 1970
USER=root
REDRING_fa_blue_level=100
macaddr=DC:D3:21:D3:62:E0
REDRING_ha_blue_level=25
HOME=/
bcmsata2=1
REDRING_fa_rec_level=100
REDRING_ha_rec_level=100
REDRING_fa_vfd_level=100
TERM=vt102
REDRING_sb_led_level=12
REDRING_options=0x0007
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
LD_PRELOAD=/var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/libdustbin.so /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/libfan.so /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/libir3.so /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/libredring.so
SHELL=/bin/sh
REDRING_sb_vfd_level=12
DUSTBIN_PATH=[Deleted Items]
PWD=/
IR3_OPTIONS=0
REDRING_TZ=GMT
VERBOSE=no
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: -------------------------------------
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Initialising v2.17
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Got Micom TX fd = 8
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Options 0x7
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Timezone: GMT (0)
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Level: ha_blue = 0x3f
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: Level: ha_rec = 0xfc
[RR] Sat Jan 1 00:00:08 2000: -------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Initialising IR3 v1.07
IR3 debug: 0
IR3 Mode: (0x1000)
IR3 Options: 0
Found at +00000000
getplns() = 0x100ad60 (@00000000)
NEXUS_IrInput_Open(00000000, 7fc639d0, 2aab238c, 7fc639ec) = 01018450
Initialising Dustbin v1.0
Dustbin debug: 0
Dustbin media root: /mnt/hd2/My Video/
Dustbin path: /mnt/hd2/My Video/[Deleted Items]
udhcpc (v1.20.2) started
udhcpc deconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
Sending discover...
Sending select for 192.168.0.25...
Lease of 192.168.0.25 obtained, lease time 86400
deleting routers
route: SIOCDELRT: No such process
adding dns 192.168.0.1
[RR] Sat Jan 2 00:00:01 1971: Ring going blue, full boot.
DRV_DSC_Init_Begin
[P_MEDIA_CheckValidMediaId] Invalid Media ID.
[DI_MEDIA_MP_GetStreamInfo] Error - Invalid Media Id.
[AP_BrowserManager_Proc:608] [AP_BrowserNetTime_startNetTimeTask:171] [AP_BrowserNetTime_startNetTimeTask:208] [scanFonts:448] [scanFonts:448] [scanFonts:448] ########################################
Domain :.humaxtvportal.com
CertPath :htvdev_portal_ccert_2k_20101106.p12
###### New Cert is Added
########################################
Domain :none
CertPath :humax_tvportal_rootcert_2k_20101106_pub.pem
###### New Cert is Added
Domain :.bbc.co.uk
CertPath :hdrfoxt2_20101001.p12
###### New Cert is Added
Domain :.bbc.co.uk
CertPath :rootcert_1k.pem
###### New Cert is Added
[syncBoxInfo:1240]

Last edited:
I think it is possible that when you installed rt3070 previously that something was left behind, the rt3070_1.0 package does not seem to have an rt3070_1.0_mipsel/CONTROL/prerm file which would be used to un-install the package

Back