Kodi on Humax.

Gerrymac

Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have been playing about with the CF on My Humax.
Following on from my initial post..I have Kodi on W10.I can see my Humax on the Video Add-On..download path.When I click this it opens with My Contents >My Videos...then all that I have on the box.
Is there a way of playing/downloading a video (same add-on) to view on Humax..all is on same network...or do I have to file share to view.
I just got the VLC player working with a lot of reading on forum.
I guess atm I.m playing around with little knowledge.Atm there is a video d/loading so after that I will update if I can move it to Humax.Both My PC and Humax shows within Kodi.
I can see Kodi on TV via box...Files and Play lists..but nothing in them.So my next question.How to manage videos from Kodi to this folder?
Just an update..Been reading yet again..and have just found a post on here to D/Load Skifta on phone and then stream to Humax..It works...theres another problem solved.. I promise I will keep reading..
Thanks again for your patience
G

Last edited:
The easy way is to enable Kodi's DLNA/UPnP server function and then access from the HDR via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network. Only compatible content will be listed.

Last edited:
Thanks BH..,
But to cut all the above out...I did find how to share from phone to Humax...eventually...far easier to show All content from the App.
Will continue to read through Forum for other ideas...

The easy way is to enable Kodi's DLNA/UPnP server function and then access from the HDR via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network. Only compatible content will be listed.

Out of interest if you have Kodi on a Windows 10 pc (in a different room) that is part of the Fox T2 network can you control the functions of Kodi by looking at the TV screen (which has the Fox T2 underneath it) with the Fox T2 remote?

Hi,
Thanks for the info KTO2,...I had Kodi installed but lost intrest with all the Add-Ons getting deleted...the new look Kodi wasn,t for me...Just using IMedia-Share on Phone now..direct stream thru Humax to TV.

Out of interest if you have Kodi on a Windows 10 pc (in a different room) that is part of the Fox T2 network can you control the functions of Kodi by looking at the TV screen (which has the Fox T2 underneath it) with the Fox T2 remote?
The Humax does the browsing of content (Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network) and playing - Kodi is only providing the DLNA access to the content stored on the PC (and indexed by Kodi).

Back