• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Large Differences between HD and SD Sound Levels

Peter H

Hi,
The other day the box seemed to have reset itself and I had to do a retune (I am running custom S/W).
Before the retune I had a slightly lower level SD sound but now it seems a lot greater! The HD level for reasonable listening is about -22db and the SD is now -5db.
Unfortunately I need both so I can receive local West TV from a SD only repeater (main transmitter).
I tried setting it to stereo but no change.
FWIW I have a Yamaha receiver that feeds sound to speakers and sound is via HDMI.
Is there any way I can increase the SD sound level to the same as HD or lower the HD?
Thanks

Ezra Pound

It's worth playing with the Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output = Multi-channel or Stereo options together with the Humax Volume settings, one is affected by Humax Volume and the othet isn't

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any way I can increase the SD sound level to the same as HD or lower the HD?
After a 'reset', the Humax sound level defaults to 10 so it may be worth checking to see if this needs to be increased.

OP
P

Peter H

Hi, Thanks for the info your info enabled me to raise the SD level with Audio set to "Multi-channel".
My only excuse for not sorting it was that I use a "Harmony R/C" which does not have a button configured for volume!!
Used the Humax R/C and sorted it in a few minutes.
Thanks again