Large Differences between HD and SD Sound Levels

Peter H

Hi,
The other day the box seemed to have reset itself and I had to do a retune (I am running custom S/W).
Before the retune I had a slightly lower level SD sound but now it seems a lot greater! The HD level for reasonable listening is about -22db and the SD is now -5db.
Unfortunately I need both so I can receive local West TV from a SD only repeater (main transmitter).
I tried setting it to stereo but no change.
FWIW I have a Yamaha receiver that feeds sound to speakers and sound is via HDMI.
Is there any way I can increase the SD sound level to the same as HD or lower the HD?
Thanks

It's worth playing with the Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output = Multi-channel or Stereo options together with the Humax Volume settings, one is affected by Humax Volume and the othet isn't

Is there any way I can increase the SD sound level to the same as HD or lower the HD?
After a 'reset', the Humax sound level defaults to 10 so it may be worth checking to see if this needs to be increased.

Hi, Thanks for the info your info enabled me to raise the SD level with Audio set to "Multi-channel".
My only excuse for not sorting it was that I use a "Harmony R/C" which does not have a button configured for volume!!
Used the Humax R/C and sorted it in a few minutes.
Thanks again

Back