Late start recordings and manual retune

Pinky22

Last night I had 3 programmes scheduled to record. When I came to view them all 3 started about 2 minutes late or so, well into the programmes. Did anyone else have this problem? Past recordings in the week started recording on time. My PVR recording start and end are set to Auto (No Padding).

Whilst I'm here I might as well ask another question.

Where I'm located (West Hove) I have problems with "fill in transmitters" between me and my main transmitter - Whitehawk Hill, Brighton. My T2 would find these transmitters and duplicate many of the stations so I always had to do a manual retune. This may be why programmes are not starting on time on the 500T. Fortunately my T2 had the custom firmware installed so I could reinstate my recording schedule after the manual retune.

No CFW for the FVP-500T of course so if I go down a similar path and start an automatic retune, cancel and not save (and hopefully deleting any stations found) and then do a manual retune, will it trash my recording schedule as I've spent some time setting it all up?

Oh how I miss the T2 and the CFW and I've only had this box for about a week.

No CFW for the FVP-500T of course so if I go down a similar path and start an automatic retune, cancel and not save (and hopefully deleting any stations found) and then do a manual retune, will it trash my recording schedule as I've spent some time setting it all up?
The FVP-5000T offers a Smart Retune option that will retain the schedule (in the right circumstances, I suspect the custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 will make more effort to retain the schedule) but if you really need to manually tune to get a consistent set of multiplexes from a single transmitter then yes I am afraid your schedule will be lost.

When I retune from scratch I find it easy to go through my existing recordings and just reschedule series links from there.

Back