LED moved + purple recording light

grantf

Hi,

I bought an FVP4000T 500GB Mocha a couple of days ago after my trusty HDR FOX T2 packed in (HDMI failure, so at least I can still access the recordings over DNLA).

This might be old news, although nothing came up in a forum search, but on my new box the position of the LED is on the underside of the unit in the centre position rather than on the right hand side of the front face. I also note that it uses a purple colour to indicate when it is recording rather than red, which seems to have been a common complaint in the past.

This minor redesign doesn't seem to have been discussed so maybe it's quite a recent thing?

Cheers,
Grant

Very interesting. The current setup of the LED is next to useless. Basically Blue for on but not recording and Red for standby or recording. I have not seen the LED be any brighter or dimmer that some people talk of showing the difference between standby and record.

Very interesting. The current setup of the LED is next to useless. Basically Blue for on but not recording and Red for standby or recording. I have not seen the LED be any brighter or dimmer that some people talk of showing the difference between standby and record.
The difference between dim and bright red is very noticeable on my box.

Back