likley dumb question from a newbie: network shares

canonbeck

I installed network-shares-automount on my hdr and it does appears to have mounted my smb share and I can see this in a telnet session mounted under /media/media (also the name of the share). I can do a ls on the mounted dir and see everything i'd expect to.

My question is, how do I see this mounted dir on the actual tv screen. I've tried browsing the folders after hitting the media button. I've tried switching the source to network. I'm sure its a noddy question but I just cant figure out where I need to be looking.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

It should show up under Storage (blue button). If it doesn't, then try installing the virtual-disk2 package (note the 2 at the end as there's a package without that too). That package cons the Humax into thinking there's a USB drive connected, prompting it to show the additional storage areas.

Prior to virtual-disk2 it was necessary to have a real USB device plugged in to ensure the Humax software found the virtual USB mount.

I uninstalled virtual-disk then installed virtual-disk2 and removed the real USB drive. Everything works fine except now video copied to a virtual usb on my NAS box using the remote appears to still be encrypted.

Any ideas?

The copy still needs to be done via the Remote Control OPT+ button rather than the Web-If or a Telnet command

Oh, not sure I can help then, are you checking the decrypt status by checking the Flags = ODEncrypted message and the lack of the DEC icon?

That was exactly how I did it: Remote Control Opt+ : Move/Copy
Did it offer "Move" or "Copy"? The red button function changes according to context, and if it's "Move" it won't be decrypted in the process.

Other than that, StDef should decrypt OK but HiDef needs unprotecting first.

Webif shows a decrypt option, as it does on all other recorded programs on the HDR. I have successfully copied dozens of videos to my NAS box using the copy by remote.

I have just tried it again with a real USB flash drive plugged in and it makes no difference. If this code was borrowed from the Foxsat-HDR, which doesn't encrypt anything, maybe some kind of hardware dependence has been overlooked.

I will revert to the original virtual-disk tomorrow and try it again and post the result.

Reverting to virtual-disk 1.1 made no difference, so I deduce that the problem has nothing to do with either version of virtual-disk.

The recording in question plays on the T2 but is not viewable as a stream using the built in DLNA server. Downloaded as a TS file by copying using the remote it won't play with VLC but will with SMPlayer. I suspect it is corrupt in some subtle way. I am going to try extracting the MPEG stream with FFMPEG and see if that throws up anything.

I apologize for adding noise to this thread and casting doubt on virtual-disk2 :(

Back