List of Encrypted Files / Unencrypted Files

No problems at all (would I be promoting the idea if there were?). The HDR-FOX is capable of supporting at least five HiDef streams (either recording or playback) at once (I've proven it), and it's not exactly noisy is it.

The unencrypt parameters were originally set in case there were problems.

Fair enough, maybe I'll give it a go. The noise thing it subjective though - some people are way more sensitive to it. My wife has mentally powerful ears and gets very cross with any low level hard drive noises going on when she wants peace and quiet! I might give it a go though. If I do I'll let you know how I get on.

It's the fan that will be noisiest. You can turn the box off when you want peace (unless it's recording of course) - the decrypt process will recover.

Is there a command or diagnostic I could run to print out the filenames of encrypted files? I have auto decrypt enabled and noticed the other day that encsummary continually reports 4 files as still encrypted. My auto.log file looks entirely normal so I'm just wondering what these files are and why they don't at least attempt to decrypt. I have tried rebuilding the DLNA database and looking for the files by hand, but with nearly 900+ across multiple directories they are not easy to find... TIA.

prpr :
Code:
find "/media/My Video/" -xdev -name \*.hmt | while read a; do if hmt "$a"
| grep -q ODEncrypted; then echo "$a"; fi done

If you copy it off the screen with a new line between "$a" and | grep it won't work, it needs to be on one line like this :-
Code:
find "/media/My Video/" -xdev -name \*.hmt | while read a; do if hmt "$a" | grep -q ODEncrypted; then echo "$a"; fi done

Strewth. I did say it was a one-liner. Try and credit people with some intelligence.

Just trying to help out, users that are capable of seeing that it needs to be on one line, could probably have written the script themselves

Strewth. I did say it was a one-liner. Try and credit people with some intelligence.
I'm with Ezra. Never hurts to be crystal clear in written instructions.

Maybe I lack intelligence but a one-liner is typically a single sentence joke ... not necessarily printed on one line.

And when dealing with intelligent people you should not underestimate their ability to apply that intelligence into subconsciously recompiling what you wrote :mad:

Your post was most appreciated and I for one found it very useful, I certainly wasn't trying to score points in placing my post. I genuinely though that users who were not familiar with this type of script would just copy it from the screen and paste it into a command line prompt. This wouldn't be due to a lack of intelligence, just a lack of knowledge

Thanks prpr for taking the time to post that and to Erza for the clarification. Mystery solved, the 4 files are all 0 byte recordings, either unable to track errors or recording failures due to a higher priority recording. Now I know why the auto decrypt process could not pick them up!

Back