1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of things you can and can't do with the HD-FOX T2 and content sharing?

Discussion in 'HD-FOX T2 Freeview Receiver' started by lstar337, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Humming Along

Humming Along New Member

This is probably a dumb question - and therefore worth asking!

I assume plugging an external Blu-ray drive into the HD-FOX T2 will not work not least because such a device will require software support. I also assume it's not possible to install such software. Ok, that's a just a statement of assumptions, not a question, but I'd be grateful for confirmation or refutation.

I think I need to get a DVD drive and I'm thinking that I could spend the extra for Blu-ray, then plug in to various machines as needed, but life isn't usually so simple! ;-)

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Do you mean in order to play Blu-Ray or DVD disks through the HD-FOX to the TV? Not a chance.

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Not sure why you ask this, you can't plug a Blu-ray player, a DVD player or CD player into a pvr. A pvr is designed to record live content from a broadcast stream. Some will play back other content recorded to a hard disk. This can be either a usb device locally connected or on a resource connected to your own network. The only inputs they can have is a USB port or a network port, other than an aerial or satellite connection.

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

As far as an HDMI connection goes, you're right - but it would be possible to connect an external USB drive (typically available for PC use). It wouldn't work though!

5. grahamlthompson

You are replying to a post dated April 23 2014 :)

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

I am aware of that, but it is a valid comment nonetheless.

7. grahamlthompson

Why

In the case of the HD FOX T2 the usb port can be used for both input and output, that doesn't make the above inaccurate.