Live TV pause not working HDR1100S

Cymrukid

I’ve read and read about the time shift buffer problem causing live pause not to work, but I don’t have that. I can record, rewind and fast forward, but cannot pause.
The box has software 3.09.86
Anyone else have the issue?

I’ve read and read about the time shift buffer problem causing live pause not to work, but I don’t have that. I can record, rewind and fast forward, but cannot pause.
The box has software 3.09.86
Assuming the pause button on the remote is working then I would guess the problem is some sort of corruption of the time shift buffer on the hard drive.It used to be fairly common the earlier Humax boxes but I don't think it is often reported on the more modern boxes.

Can you rewind 'live TV', or is it recordings that you can rewind/fast fwd?
Can you pause recordings (this will 'prove' the pause button)?

I did consider the pause button being faulty on the remote control, but if I rewind/forward a live or recorded programme I can stop it at a certain point by pressing this (play/pause) button and the programme starts again from that point. That makes me think the button works OK?

I did consider the pause button being faulty on the remote control, but if I rewind/forward a live or recorded programme I can stop it at a certain point by pressing this (play/pause) button and the programme starts again from that point. That makes me think the button works OK?
What you describe is not a remote for the HDR-1100S.

The remote for the HDR-1100S has separate buttons for play and pause.
https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/media...64343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/r/m/rm-i08u.png
With the remote you are using the Humax is seeing the second press of the play/pause button as just another Play button press rather than Pause.

If you do want to pause then you'll need a remote that has a separate button for pause.

Last edited:
Ah brilliant! I bought this box a few days back and it works superbly, except for this pause operation. My remote is a RM-I(or is it 1)09U, so I guess that is the wrong one. Thank you so much!

I bought this box a few days back
Supplying a remote control without saying it's the correct remote control is something to beware of on online listings.
It's very easy to get scammed, as you have now found out.

I haven't been scammed - far from it. I paid £20 for a fully working HDR-1100S. I am over the moon with the deal. The remote is a genuine Humax RM-i09U - which I assumed was correct for the box, as it operated everything as normal EXCEPT for the pause functionality. I'll get the correct remote control now and sell the other one. I contacted the seller and he said the original remote failed and he bought a replacement - he was genuine I am 100% sure of that.

Back