Live TV recording problems

surefire

Hi
My recorder has recently started acting up a bit. Sometime I can not pause live TV at all and have to power cycle to get it to work. Then when working and pressing the pause button to record the live TV stream it will pause but on resumption of the time delayed recording it will only play the first couple of minutes and then it black screens with a message saying that the channel is scrambled. After that the pause function no longer works until the next power cycle. It also happens on various channels. Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Sounds like you have problems with corruption of your Hard Disk.

You could try a Reset which will retain your recordings to eliminate "stuck" bits. however, I suspect you will need to deal with your Disk problems. The best way to do this is to load the customised software.

Martin

The Reset - Factory Default - is in the standard software. You will lose your preferences, tuning data and timers but your recordings will be retained. Do not check the Format HDD box in the Reset box.

Menu > Settings > Installation > Factory Default.

Customised firmware offers fix-disk which can detect and correct some errors on your HDD. See: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/timeshift-not-working.4075/#post-50171

I am not an expert in this software so I will defer to more knowledgeable people.

Martin

That's about all you can do. If a factory reset doesn't fix it and fix-disk doesn't report any problems, you're stuffed. Warranty?

I started a telnet session last night and it found lots of errors. Will report back when it's finished.

Thanks for the replies

Just to let you chaps know the outcome. The fix disc session managed to resurrect the HD and the PVR is now back to normal. Great result. Thanks for the help.

Back