Loads of missed recordings in recent times

sine24

I have also recently updated to the newest firmware. Is there a log which records missed/failed recordings?

A little (okay, a lot) more detail would be helpful.

How did you set the recordings? On the Foxsat itself? Via the WebIf? Via the RS portal? If not on the Foxsat itself, was there a reboot between setting the recording and the scheduled start time (minus 15 minutes if using accurate recording)?

Is there a pattern to the missed recordings? Are they all on the same channel? Were they all episodes of a particular series? Which channels are they on? Specific program details might also be helpful so that others may comment if they also had any of the programmes set to record - maybe it was a broadcaster error e.g. failing to transmit the EIT p/f packet used by the accurate recording mechanism.

Is there a broken recording icon for any/all of the recordings at the bottom of the "media" page on the Humax? (looks a bit like a piece of film with a zig zag through it).

Some were setup on foxsat itself and recorded fine for long weeks (series) Heartbeat and for about two weeks the box will not even wake to then not record. I was watching once the box just as the top left record thingy came up, checked the media button, recording was not there, went to the actual channel then the box started recording about 1 minute into the program.

Ch4hd formula 1 yesterday had 0 length. The previous episode on Sat did not even exist in the media.

Based on your fairly recent posts in other threads about various issues you have been having, my guess would be that there is something odd going on with your Foxsat, your dish/LNB, or the connections between the two. I can see from another thread that you have checked LCN 999 for signal quality and strength but the number of varying issues you seem to have had lately does seem to point to some sort of problem. Maybe as @Rodders53 suggested there is some foliage getting in the way of your dish if there are high winds. Or perhaps a dodgy connection exacerbated by rain.

Well. Round here the trees got no leaves. Not to say that the dish has been in this position for decades and no new builds or trees have encroached. Perhaps the wire will need looking at when it stops raining.

But if the wire was messed up would I be getting 90% strength?

But if the wire was messed up would I be getting 90% strength?
That was for the home transponder if I understand correctly. What about the channels you're trying to record? More specifically, what about the channels you're trying to record at the time you're trying to record them? All well and good having excellent signal strength and quality on a nice sunny day, what about when it's lashing down with rain and/or windy?

Do you have one or two feeds from the LNB to the Foxsat? If one, do you also have the loopback cable attached ("LNB 1 Out" looped to "LNB 2 In" on the back of the box)? Is the Foxsat correctly configured for the number of feeds you have (see here: https://www.avforums.com/threads/humax-foxsat-twin-tuner-issue.2449294/#post-31160084 for how to access the hidden menu to find out). If the Foxsat, for example, thinks you have two feeds attached but you only have one then this sort of thing is likely to happen.

In another thread you wrote:
Can't tell atm. I'm trying to tune it and it takes a long time searching for satellite signal. I'm sure it did not use to do this.
and you were also, as I understand it, having issues picking up the recent BBC HD changes. It all does seem to point to some form of (perhaps intermittent) satellite reception issue.

Lastly, you wrote:
the box will not even wake to then not record
It's not clear from the scant information how the recordings were set. You stated that "some" were set up on the Foxsat itself but have not stated how the others were set up. If you configure a standard recording on the Foxsat from the EPG then the accurate recording mechanism will be used. The Foxsat will wake up 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the programme to listen for the EIT p/f packet to indicate that the programme has started and therefore it should start recording. This is a straightforward timer. I've never heard of the Foxsat not waking up to record a programme if the schedule is set correctly. For the recordings where the Foxsat did not wake up, how were those recordings set? Could you see the scheduled recording in the "Schedule" page on the Foxsat interface (NOT the WebIf).

It's not clear from the scant information how the recordings were set. You stated that "some" were set up on the Foxsat itself but have not stated how the others were set up. If you configure a standard recording on the Foxsat from the EPG then the accurate recording mechanism will be used. The Foxsat will wake up 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the programme to listen for the EIT p/f packet to indicate that the programme has started and therefore it should start recording. This is a straightforward timer. I've never heard of the Foxsat not waking up to record a programme if the schedule is set correctly. For the recordings where the Foxsat did not wake up, how were those recordings set? Could you see the scheduled recording in the "Schedule" page on the Foxsat interface (NOT the WebIf).
It is scant because I don't remember which was which. I set them in both ways. Might be that the non awake one was set on webif or rs

It is scant because I don't remember which was which. I set them in both ways. Might be that the non awake one was set on webif or rs
In which case my suspicion would be that the Foxsat was not rebooted between setting the recording via the WebIf/rs and the scheduled recording start time (minus 15 minutes for accurate recordings) and therefore the Foxsat had no knowledge of the recording at all.

I've recently had a number fail too. They've all been e4, e4+1 or other C4 related channels that have been set to series record via the box and have been working ok for ages, went wonky recently and seem to have started working again. C4 have been having issues with empty schedules and I put it down to that.

Back