Login for iPlayer, may affect HDR and HD Fox T2

I would be surprised if it ever got updated.

I've dug out an ethernet cable and connected my TV, which is a 2 year old Sony model. After a software update it plays what looks like 1280 x 720 25p iPlayer content, running at 3mbps (bandwidth is according to my broadband provider's tools). It looks a lot less blocky than the iPlayer output we've ended up with on the HDR Fox T2, so switching to my TV's iPlayer has been a huge improvement for me. But I appreciate there are people that don't have other equipment they can use for iPlayer, which includes my parents now I think about it.

It's possible any change could be handled at the Humax Portal server end, no doubt it deals with all Humax on-demand stuff and therefore more modern kit that the 'FOXes. Even now there is a pop-up that asks if you are a licence holder, and there has not been any firmware update to instigate that.

On iPlayer, if you go into Help>System Information you get version information. It seems to get updated quite often, sometimes yielding new features (e.g. autoplay). It may be that any changes will be handled at the BBC end.

On iPlayer, if you go into Help>System Information you get version information. It seems to get updated quite often, sometimes yielding new features (e.g. autoplay). It may be that any changes will be handled at the BBC end.

Hopefully one day the BBC will change it back to 1280 x 720 (I don't care whether 25p or 50p), then I might start using it again instead of my TV's iPlayer.

Back