Looking to Upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my old 9200 and am not sure whether to go for the HDR-FOX T2/1TB-G or the DTR-T1010/1TB.

I quite like the idea of having ITV Player and 4OD but other than that are there any advantages to opting for the You View rather than the Fox?

If anyone has a simple summary of the pros and cons of both I would be most grateful.

Dave

The DTR-T1010 extra catch-up TV services you mention are the only advantage that I can see over the HDR-FOX T2, As for the disadvantages I complied a list of things that the YouView box doesn't do HERE, it was compiled when the YouView first came out, but most items on the list are still not available. The biggest difference is the Custom Firmware available for the HDR that isn't available for the DTR

'Tis simple: If catch-up is important to you, go YouView. If not, the HDR-FOX is a much better PVR and we have an active modding community. BBC iPlayer and YouTube are available as a consolation.

Thanks thus far. I have BBC i Player and 5OD on both my Sony TV and Blu Ray Player so it's only 4OD and ITV player I'm missing.

Given that the occasions when I might need ITV Player and 4OD are going to be limited (like when we forgot to record Broadchurch) I guess You View is probably going to be unnecessary at this point in time, so will probably go for the 1TB version of the HDR-FOX T2.

Dave

Hi

HDR T2 + CF is way better. Except for the Catchup as noted.

Is the 1TB still using the same drive as at launch or have they updated it ? There were a few issues for some with the original Seagate HDD. The 500 was quieter (HDD noise) and more reliable.

Is the 1TB still using the same drive as at launch or have they updated it ? There were a few issues for some with the original Seagate HDD. The 500 was quieter (HDD noise) and more reliable.
I don't think anyone has reported a different HDD type, Details HERE

That is the one I tested - The Seagate website now only lists an 8MB Cache version ST31000322CS as far as I can see (16MB ST31000424CS fitted version). The 1TB are 2 platter while the 500GB is single. There is a newer 1TB 64MB Cache Sata6GB/s ST1000VM002 model.

As stated I like the 500GB Seagate and would add archive storage as needed !!!!

Pete

I'm looking to upgrade my old 9200 and am not sure whether to go for the HDR-FOX T2/1TB-G or the DTR-T1010/1TB.

I quite like the idea of having ITV Player and 4OD but other than that are there any advantages to opting for the You View rather than the Fox?

If anyone has a simple summary of the pros and cons of both I would be most grateful.

Dave

If you get your broadband from BT, you can get your Humax 1TB Youview box for £49 plus £5 a month for 12 months. Just thought I would mention it.

YouView from BT

If you get your broadband from BT, you can get your Humax 1TB Youview box for £49 plus £5 a month for 12 months. Just thought I would mention it.

YouView from BT

Thanks but our Broadband supplier is Talk Talk. Did think about taking up Talk Talk TV with their free Huawei PVR but decided against it as can't find any reviews of their box and it's only 320gb (my daughter would fill that with Justin Bieber and similar nonsense!).

Bitten the bullet and ordered the 1TB Fox HDR-FOX T2 from Humax Direct. Take delivery tomorrow.

Dave

Now a proud owner of 1TB Fox HDR-FOX T2. Must say first impressions very good. Fantastic picture quality, even in SD and so much better than my old 9200.

Dave

Back