losing network stuff

ramtops

Sorry - me again.

Yesterday, I got everything working - machine happy on network, web interface installed, everything hunky dory.

This morning - nothing. It wouldn't ping, no web. So I trundled downstairs and took it off standby (it seems to take a while, and displays a "Boot" message - should it be doing that?). When it was fully powered up, it would ping again, but still no web interface.

Could it have eaten its settings overnight? Should it have no network available when in standby?

Any advice appreciated.

Sorry - me again.

Yesterday, I got everything working - machine happy on network, web interface installed, everything hunky dory.

This morning - nothing. It wouldn't ping, no web. So I trundled downstairs and took it off standby (it seems to take a while, and displays a "Boot" message - should it be doing that?). When it was fully powered up, it would ping again, but still no web interface.

Could it have eaten its settings overnight? Should it have no network available when in standby?

Any advice appreciated.
No network in ordinary standby but should be there in recording standby.

Try booting your devices in reverse order. ie. Humax first then PC.

Thanks for that. No network in standby is a bit rubbish! I tried rebooting my iPad, but it still couldn't see the web stuff.

I think I'll upgrade the firmware (it's on 1.00.20 (I think), and 1.02.20 seems to be the one about now.

Thanks for that. No network in standby is a bit rubbish! I tried rebooting my iPad, but it still couldn't see the web stuff.

I think I'll upgrade the firmware (it's on 1.00.20 (I think), and 1.02.20 seems to be the one about now.
You already have the latest Foxsat firmware. 1.02.20 is for the Freeview HD terrestrial models.

You already have the latest Foxsat firmware. 1.02.20 is for the Freeview HD terrestrial models.

Yes, thanks - I just discovered that. Wretched thing still won't talk to me, web server wise. I'll reinstall the custom firmware later today.

Absolutely gobsmacked that the network is not available in standby mode - one of the reasons we bought it was to be able to access it over the LAN :(

Yes, thanks - I just discovered that. Wretched thing still won't talk to me, web server wise. I'll reinstall the custom firmware later today.

Absolutely gobsmacked that the network is not available in standby mode - one of the reasons we bought it was to be able to access it over the LAN :(

Have you got the latest version ? this is required for V1.00.20 (and includes it). The old version won't work properly because of a change in the way the box does overnight housekeeping.

Have you got the latest version ? this is required for V1.00.20 (and includes it). The old version won't work properly because of a change in the way the box does overnight housekeeping.

Oh, that would make sense. I'll rummage some more. I did look at the downloads page on the Wiki but wasn't quite sure which one I should get, but I'll take another look.

Many thanks.

Oh, that would make sense. I'll rummage some more. I did look at the downloads page on the Wiki but wasn't quite sure which one I should get, but I'll take another look.

Many thanks.

V 4.0.7. Raydons recently switched file sharing sites as 4share now requires registration. The new one forces you to complete a survey before downloading. I guess Raydons looking for a new location.

http://s1.fast-files.com/download.aspx

Thanks - couldn't get it from fast-files (but then I block cross-site cookies, popups, ads, etc). I registered with 4share and got it from there.

I appreciate your help!

Hmmm. Put the new files on, and lo - shiny web interface. Played with it for five minutes, and now no ping, no web. All most odd, and most annoying.

Hmmm. Put the new files on, and lo - shiny web interface. Played with it for five minutes, and now no ping, no web. All most odd, and most annoying.

Have you checked the IP address on the Foxsat itself ? Did you reboot and using DHCP so it may have a different address.

I had given it a fixed IP. I've now set it back to DHCP, and can see it again, albeit on a different address. I'll set up a reservation on the DHCP server for it.

Back