loss of BBC4HD

wiab4355

Hi guys

I have 2 T2s and the upstairs one is fine but the downstairs one started to have problems with BBC4HD signal so I did a retune and now it has gone altogether!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

OK so I did a manual re-tune this morning (tedious!); still no joy or BBC4HD.

Anything else I can do?

Hi guys

I have 2 T2s and the upstairs one is fine but the downstairs one started to have problems with BBC4HD signal so I did a retune and now it has gone altogether!

Any suggestions?

Thanks
You could try taking it upstairs to your other box location, and connect it to the aerial point and try retuning to see if you can then receive BBC FOUR HD. If you can, take it back downstairs and see if you still can.

Brian - Getting it out of Spaghetti Junction? Are you mad?

Seriously, thanks for that. I'll give it go.

Can you still get the other channels on the COM7 mux?
Have you tried temporarily removing the HDMI cable, and replacing it with a scart connection?

Tried clearing the memory of all channels and then manually selecting channel 33 (COM7), but it couldn't find any channels!

then manually selecting channel 33 (COM7), but it couldn't find any channels!
You will also need to select DVB-T2 as the 'Transmission' on the same screen that you selected channel 33.

You could try taking it upstairs to your other box location, and connect it to the aerial point and try retuning to see if you can then receive BBC FOUR HD. If you can, take it back downstairs and see if you still can.
I'll give it go.
What was the result?

Any suggestions?
Also try the upstairs box downstairs. But if it does not see BBC4HD then do NOT retune it.

Have a look to see what the upstairs one is tuned to.

On the upstairs box, while watching live tv press OK, then highlight BBC4 HD and press the info button (marked 'i').

Luke - haven't yet moved the box; can't face it yet. Upstairs BBC4HD is channel 33, 570000khz, 8mz. I tried using those figures downstairs but no channels available apparently.

The BBC4HD mux is broadcast on a weaker signal than the others. It is looking that your downstairs aeriall feed is not as good as the one upstairs and the two fcators combined is causing you to not being able to receive BBC4 HD downstairs.
When you were receiveing it the weather conditions may have been going through a favourable phase, or something has recently happend to your aerial system that has caused it to deteriate downstairs.

BTW. It is only 33 and DVB-T2 that you need to enter when retuning as the khx and mx figures will look after themselves

On the "working" HDR, what do you get for strength and quality if you do Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection for mux 33?

You may have the one aerial but there are also the cables and joints that connect the aerial to the two boxes. It may also be that the cable feeding the downstairs box is receiving inteference e.g. from an unshielded HDMI cable.
The easist way to rule out your aerial system is to temporarily swap the two boxes with each other.

If the box has not tuned in channel 33 then it is not possible to use what Black Hole has suggested to look up the strength as Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection will not offer channel 33.
Are you saying that on the manual retune screen when you select 33 and DVB-T2 on the downstairs box that it gives you a reading of strength 75%, and quality 100% ?

Back