Loss of picture and sound after a minute and frequent crashes

daearegwr

I'm getting over the past few weeks a recurring crashing issue with my HDR FOX T2 and issues with losing picture and sound. I've installed custom firmware 1.0.12 mod 3.13

Sometimes it'll wake from standby and you get picture and sound as normal for around 1 minute before they go. I've tried different HMDI cable and routing audio through and optical cable but problem persists. Powering the tv and humax off and on again doesn't resolve it

Sometimes when it wakes to record something it crashes and reboots over and over again before settling.

I've ran the HDD diagnostic via the web interface and it passes.

Is there something else I should try (full HD reset, other diagnostic etc) or is time for the scrap heap?

Have you recently attached a new dlna server somewhere in your home network?

Some media servers are known to cause the Humax to crash.
Fortunately you can install and configure the dlna_filter package to correct the problem

Have you recently attached a new dlna server somewhere in your home network?

Some media servers are known to cause the Humax to crash.
Fortunately you can install and configure the dlna_filter package to correct the problem

I've got another tv a few months back that's also connected via wifi if that might be a cause?. I'll install the package and reboot to see if it stabilises

Nooo, don't do that. You will be disappointed with anything you replace it with.

That's what worries me if it's done for - looking at the current offerings and they don't appear as highly rated as the HDR Fox T2 was/is

Rather than ponce around with dlna servers etc. KISS, just disconnect it from the network and see if it still miss behaves. If it does, it ain't that. If it doesn't, it would seem to be network related.

Back