Lost channels since HD expansion

mcbrucer

Hello,

I did a factory reset recently in order to retune and pick up the new BBC HD channels from Sandy Heath.

I got them. Trouble is that many of the regular sd channels are no longer working. The yummy found them and stored them but all I get is a blank screen or maybe some white noise. Channels affected are itv, channel4, 5, the +1 for those, itv2, more 4 etc etc

This is really annoying. I've done another factory reset but no dice. Anyone got any ideas? (I am running the custom firmware btw)

Cheers

I got them. Trouble is that many of the regular sd channels are no longer working. The yummy found them and stored them but all I get is a blank screen or maybe some white noise. Channels affected are itv, channel4, 5, the +1 for those, itv2, more 4 etc etc
What version of the standard firmware are you using?

I can't see the requirement to do a factory reset in the first place. To the original message you need to look at the missing channels against the mux then as Black Hole says do a manual tune.

Back of aerial, in North Bucks and I expect Bedfordshire border around MK you get pestered with back of aeriel signals from Hampshire [handy for local BBC Southampton news but not if you live in Bucks] which is possibly why Martin was asking which release of software you were on since this is suppose to be fixed with more recent software. You do obviously need to know which transmitter / programme group you have chosen and the software would need to put all of the chosen stuff in the correct place. Only an issue with full automatic tune.

So you need to read off the channel that it's tuned into for the problematic ones and check whether it's on Sandy Heath to diagnose, or just do a manual search to cut the chase as BH suggested. I suspect the said problem channels it's getting from something other than Sandy Heath and picture breaks up.

[I note they have the COM8 carrier up and running on Sandy Heath (CH34), nothing can be tuned in but a good green quality bar, whilst Crystal Palace has nothing - suggest this is being done to plan and engineer transmitter extension round here, unless they forgot to turn it off again]

As an addition for what it's worth I accidently did an auto scan on the HD 1.02.29 up in MK, it well and truly messed up the numbering so when it says do you want Cambridge / Bedfordshire or Bucks / Oxford (front and back of the aerial channels), you say the former for Sandy Heath, well it doesn't put 101 to Sandy Heath etc. I thought this was fixed / an improvement, but perhaps not in 1.02.29. Network manual scan doesn't pull all of them in. If started on SD only SD. PSB3 misses out COM7, COM7 misses out PSB3, so as we know a manual search with a bit of toggling of network search is the order of the day. Network search is relative to the tower but isn't inclusive of all channels as I said previously. You can be lazy and do a network scan on an SD channel, then two additional scans with network search of or on for the HD multiplexes.

hmm cold part of the house, presume I could give it a go in HDR mode if not greyed out.

It seems that HD owners are second class citizens since your average gran isn't going to block out retuning between 4:20 and 4:40, ignore the please retune screens to safeguard against loosing channels and poor reception due to back of the aerial reception replacing what was working even if their son set it up for them. That's why I left her on 1.02.28. Safe guards can be made with the custom software but you wouldn't expect your average user needing to have to do that.

You can be lazy and do a network scan on an SD channel, then two additional scans with network search of or on for the HD multiplexes.
Or one network scan on an HD mulitplex followed by one additional scan for the other HD multiplex.

That is my other method, although I wasn't sure whether it got all SD channels by just doing the network search on HD only, so add the SD ones in first for good measure.

Any how 1.03.11 in BootHDRMode did work how it was suppose to, sort of in auto tune, it left me with three top end ITV channels, ITV, ITV+1 and ITV HD which will be the down south ITV channels, multiplexes concur, but suppressed other regional BBC materiel. It suppressed the other BBC HD channels from the south. Without repeating I can't say totally whether there were SD BBC regional materiel from elsewhere that it ditched, but I think so.

Back