lost connection

The humax should respond though even without the custom firmware or web-if.

If humax is set to DHCP and gets an IP address allocated then physical comms is working, as is the ip stack.

1. It has a link light, and you can see activity?
2. Is this wired network, wired via "home plug", or wireless?
3. If you set it to DHCP does it get an address from the router?
4. If it does, can you connect to the net, i.e. Humax portal from the TV screen?

Steve

1 what "it" are you referring to?
2 wired via home plug
3 don't know
4 no

Oh well, that's the answer then. Your HomePlugs are fried (I had to replace some myself - having initially bought cheap I then bought quality). Try a wired connection even if only temporarily.

Those 0.0.0.0 figures are interesting: they are not the defaults the Humax sets at boot if it can't get a DHCP response, but they are not valid either. Clearly the "no change" during DHCP test 1 was a consequence of retaining the old manual values rather than getting new values from the router, but without the usual error messages.

PS: "it" is the HDR-FOX; if you look at the Ethernet socket (on anything) when it is active you will see a couple of indicator LEDs flickering away.

Or may just be the home plug needs resetting or re linking.
My Zyxel ones have died, literally dead, no lights on, x 3 so far, though they keep replacing them wish I'd kept with the cheap ones I had before that were 100%! (These are MUCH faster, just less reliable).

They also lose touch every now and again, appear connected but nothing through and power off/on resets.

Might be worth plugging something else, laptop etc. into same home-plug port and check you get connection to rule that out, or not.

Once you know that home-plug is working then Humax should be good to go.

Good morning world it's a brand new day
Everything's back like it never went away

OK enough waxing lyrical; got up this morning , checked the T2's internet settings and it's completely different to my last post. The IP address now ends in 6 , not 12. So logged on to WebIF and it appeared like magic! I'm not one of those that needs to know why so thanks everybody for your help.

PS first day of a new season - come on you Dons!

Ok will leave it at that then. If you want to make sure it doesn't change again go into your router and find under DHCP there will be most likely something about reserved addresses or a way to reserver the ".6" address it has now.

Alternatively go into the manual settings and set it manually to a number at the other end of the range that your router should never allocate - 192.168.0.250 for instance - ip = 192.168.0.250, router and dns = 192.168.0.1, mask = 255.255.255.0

Steve

Back