Lost features using remote

Lambkin

We have 3 Humax boxes, the latest being the HDR-Fox T2. The HD aspect is excellent, and all has been well this last year, save from being a little slow compared to the others.
My problem (s) are as follows. Not able to access media, can't pause, go back watched programmes anymore, can't access disc info. It is quite possible that the 500g disc is now full, but as I can't access the media not much can be done to delete. data storage is not available either via system

To date I have powered the box down several times. implemented factory settings, several times as HD channels were lost too, but now seem to be back. This may be a remote fault. I have replaced batteries with fresh. done the OK + 0 PVR trick, but. no improvement. The box is receiving the IR signal, because the PVR button lights strongly.

Any advice would be most welcome.

We have 3 Humax boxes, the latest being the HDR-Fox T2. The HD aspect is excellent, and all has been well this last year, save from being a little slow compared to the others.
My problem (s) are as follows. Not able to access media, can't pause, go back watched programmes anymore, can't access disc info. It is quite possible that the 500g disc is now full, but as I can't access the media not much can be done to delete. data storage is not available either via system

To date I have powered the box down several times. implemented factory settings, several times as HD channels were lost too, but now seem to be back. This may be a remote fault. I have replaced batteries with fresh. done the OK + 0 PVR trick, but. no improvement. The box is receiving the IR signal, because the PVR button lights strongly.

Any advise would be most welcome.
Thank you Black Hole for your prompt response to my plight, I have read the three pages, and sadly I am no further forward. I am the epitome of simple end user, I purchased this device requiring it to do simple tasks, like recording broadcasts that I am unable to watch live and to view at my leisure. I had no idea that this would be propelling me to "Geekdom" I do not want to have to re-program via PC or USB, I am a plug and play customer, who like the majority of simple folk need a product that will behave and be idiot proof If Humax has to rely on great minds to keep their products afloat, then they are failing the likes of me. The other 9300 series Humax boxes are donkeys years old and have never skipped a beat, so much for advanced technology.

Edit. Sorry, I posted as you were answering. But presumably you have done what is suggested in the second paragraph (Switch off, wait, switch back on)? If so, presumably that didn't work?

Thank you Black Hole for your prompt response to my plight, I have read the three pages, and sadly I am no further forward. I am the epitome of simple end user, I purchased this device requiring it to do simple tasks, like recording broadcasts that I am unable to watch live and to view at my leisure. I had no idea that this would be propelling me to "Geekdom" I do not want to have to re-program via PC or USB, I am a plug and play customer, who like the majority of simple folk need a product that will behave and be idiot proof If Humax has to rely on great minds to keep their products afloat, then they are failing the likes of me
The process isn't difficult but if you feel it is beyond you then contact Humax by phone; you don't say how old the box is but warranty can be up to 2 years. If out of warranty then they will quote a cost to repair.

Thank you Black Hole for your prompt response to my plight, I have read the three pages, and sadly I am no further forward. I am the epitome of simple end user, I purchased this device requiring it to do simple tasks, like recording broadcasts that I am unable to watch live and to view at my leisure. I had no idea that this would be propelling me to "Geekdom" I do not want to have to re-program via PC or USB, I am a plug and play customer, who like the majority of simple folk need a product that will behave and be idiot proof If Humax has to rely on great minds to keep their products afloat, then they are failing the likes of me. The other 9300 series Humax boxes are donkeys years old and have never skipped a beat, so much for advanced technology.

The alternative to the custom firmware recovery processes is a hard disk reformat through the Humax menus, which will delete all your existing recordings. Working your way through the custom processes described (which many non-geeks have achieved successfully, maybe with a little hand-holding) will restore the functionality with as little loss of existing recordings as possible. Your choice.

Back