Lost HD channels

Krytens-pal

Hi , having a bit of trouble with my HDR FOX T2 Freeview+ box and hope you can help. Problem is all my HD channels have disappeared - at first when I went on to them all I got was a black screen with the message this channel is scrambled or unavailable. After waiting a few days to see if it was maybe a problem with the communal arial and with no improvement I re-scanned the box and now the HD channels are not even showing up in the channel list or on the epg. I`ve now re-scanned 3 times and still no go.All other SD channels are fine,the signal strength is 60% and quality is 100%.The portal and playing back recordings is ok. No-one else in the block is having any problems so dont think its the aerial. Was thinking of a factory reset as the next step? Or is there a separate tuner inside for HD?Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ok thanks mate,have tried a manual scan - using the Craigkelly transmitter here and when I select channel 46 on DVB-T the signal and strength are fine as in my 1st post but when I change it to DVB-T2 it all goes to zero and when I scan finds no channels. Have tried a manual scan on all the other channels with DBV-T2 and there are no HD channels to be found. Not a techie so don`t understand how on auto scan I get all SD channels but no HD - have checked the transmitter web page and there are no problems there it says. Is it possible it could still be a dodgy aerial connection somewhere? I`m in an 8 storey high block with 200 flats and assume the mast on top will be up to the job with a good signal as you can almost see the transmitter from here.

According to THIS (click) your HiDef mux should be channel 21! If you can't pick up anything on channel 21 at all, it could be that the communal aerial does not have sufficient bandwidth to reach the channel 21 frequency.

Well the Hummy has been getting HD since it went live and its only in the past few days they`ve disappeared and nothing aerial - wise has changed that I`m aware of. Did try 21 with no signal found. My partner stays on the floor above me so will take the box up tomorrow and try and tune in there- at least that should give me a pointer as to whats wrong if I get a signal there. Will post back the result - and thanks for your help and quick replys- its much appreciated.

OK, well if you have been receiving them before that isn't likely to be the problem. Your original post was not clear on that point.

I have the same problem here. Had the HD channels, then they went down, and now they have gone. Doesn't appear to be transmitter related (Heathfield Transmitter) as my TV is still picking them up, but the box refuses to find them, even through manual scans. I've also tried swapping cables around and a factory reset. Just wondering what firmware you're on, mine is Ver a7.34.

Just wondering what firmware you're on, mine is Ver a7.34.
a7.34 is the loader version, the firmware version (labelled Software Version) can be found in MENU > Settings > System > System Information.

Ah, it's FHTCP 1.03.06
Just in case its relevant, is your box the new hardware version with Aerial and RF out sockets arranged vertically, or the old hardware version with Aerial and RF out sockets arranged horizontally?

Just in case its relevant, is your box the new hardware version with Aerial and RF out sockets arranged vertically, or the old hardware version with Aerial and RF out sockets arranged horizontally?

The antenna in and out sockets are arranged vertically. Got the box mid to end of August.

Back