Lost Last Few Minutes of Recordings

I've been having the same problem or something like it, a program selected shows in the schedule as 09-00 to 10.00 but always finishes at 09-59 so I always loose the ending, most annoying and it happens to the same programme every time, just cant figure it out. :(

See what you mean - totally incomprehensible techie stuff - better stick with the basics.
What?? I thought I spelled it all out as plainly as possible - that was the aim anyway. The HDR-FOX is (in my opinion, and many others too) as good a PVR as you are likely to get, but it does have operational quirks which will catch out the unwary. That's what Things Every... is all about - questions which have been answered on the forum time and time again, to provide a central reference, clearly written, to which to refer enquiries rather than keep re-writing the same stuff.

Of particular relevance to this topic (in respect of the HDR-FOX, not the 9200, for comparison): there is a detailed explanation of AR and a link to further information about AR and padding; and what you can and cannot do to copy recordings due to encryption.

I've been having the same problem or something like it, a program selected shows in the schedule as 09-00 to 10.00 but always finishes at 09-59 so I always loose the ending, most annoying and it happens to the same programme every time, just cant figure it out. :(

I think if you check the end time when the recording is being made you will find it is actually 10:00

No, when the recording is in progress the end time is right ( 10.00) but when the recording finishes it says 9.59, its almost as if they are sending out the record finish signal 1 min early. I could probably get round it by adding record padding to the timer but that means I have to switch off the auto tracking on all programming.

I should have made that clearer. What I meant was the actual end time of the recording was almost certainly 10:00 and if you had been watching the Hummy at the time of the end of the recording you will have seen this.

I should have made that clearer. What I meant was the actual end time of the recording was almost certainly 10:00 and if you had been watching the Hummy at the time of the end of the recording you will have seen this.

Sorry but that is as clear as mud. The point is it stopped recording 1 min earlier than was programmed and the end of the show was 1 min short.

Back