Lost remote access

Sargan

I logged into Humax this morning .. noticed a few messages about Box crashes, and some applications being disabled.
So went to apps update option and did 'update all'

It did the updates, and working OK at TV end of things
however can now not get access form LAN

Checked and IP address is still the same ... but I get 'problem loading'
From a Cmd prompt - I can ping the address no problem

Any suggestions

Run an upgrade from the telnet menu:

Code:
      /-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T   M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.10 ]

maint - Restart into maintenance mode.
    safe - Enable safe mode on next boot.
     rma - Enable return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode.
   reset - Reset custom firmware environment.
 upgrade - Upgrade all installed packages.
  passwd - Remove web interface password.
  fixweb - Re-install web interface.
    stat - Show current activity.
       x - Exit and close connection.
  reboot - Reboot the Humax.
    diag - Run a diagnostic.
     cli - System command line (advanced users).

Please select option:

I don't get all those options ... I get:
Telnet_zps2qkchucx.jpg

OK .. that is where I started - with seperate post - was going to use login in to see what build I was on - OK I'll do that

Didn't know build until I Telnetted in (never used Telnet on box before)

Anyway resolved - now on 3.10 (build 2734) and access working again.

Impressed that all scheduled recordings are still there - its a pain when you have to rescan tuner and lose them all.

Thanks

Gob closed ...... sorry did not know this existed.
I had asked the question some time back and had a big technical explanation as to the benefits of why it wipes the schedule.
I have installed - and again ( as per the OP) have lost access - is this normal when you install apps ? ... or is this pointing to something wrong.

Last edited:
Lost access to what? Did you carry out the actions suggested in posts 1-4 then?
Your vague imprecise lazily written posts don't help convey information.
And why are you "rescanning the tuner" anyway?
Install tunefix-update (yes it does exist) and you'll probably not have to rescan again.

Last edited:
Did you carry out the actions suggested in posts 1-3 then?
Your vague imprecise lazily written posts don't help convey information.
And why are you "rescanning the tuner" anyway?

Lost access to what?
I meant as per my OP (# 1 in this thread) - I'll try and be less 'impressive and lazy'

I meant that after reading the comment #11 about installing auto-schedule-restore
I logged into box from PC gui - Installed the app ... and as reported originally .. i.e in #1 of this thread, I have lost access again .............. and by lost access, I mean I can no longer contact the box via web interface. As before I can ping it.

why are you "rescanning the tuner"
I am not rescanning the tuner now ... in post #7 it explains I was impressed with the update and that it did not lose my schedule ..... whereas when I rescan tuner it does. I am not rescanning tuner now - but have to do so when they make the transmission changes. I was not aware of tunefix

"Did you carry out the actions suggested in posts 1-3 then?"
#1 was my post -
#2 asked me to carry out command ... and I explained that command was not there
#3 was my post

So I followed recommendation in post #4 by Brian ... and installed latest build. Access returned and I was saying thanks in post #7 ....

To clarify, I have upgraded to latest version, it did give me access back, bu this was lost again when I installed another app.
My question was - is this normal expected action when you install an app, or do I have some other problem.

I freely know very little about HummyTV ... that is why I have come here for help.

#2 asked me to carry out command ... and I explained that command was not there
Now you've upgraded, you need to run that command to fix the problem that's causing you to lose access on any package operation.

Now you've upgraded, you need to run that command to fix the problem that's causing you to lose access on any package operation.

Ahh ... I didn't realise that I still had to run that - had thought build version update was enough - so now done that now - lots of work takes place in shell window. including:
did webif update
configured schedule-restore
configured tunefix-update

A question on schedule restore - in the notes it says "If a schedule is in place it is backed up to flash" ... is that on-board flash, or do I need to have a USB stick installed for function to work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back