Lost the nightly AutoUpdate

MattAnorak

HI there,
I'm just comparing the FoxSat HDR with the Fox T2 HDR and when I look at the settings on the remote scheduling site, for the 2x FoxT2 HDRs, I see the following at 04:30 each morning:
--- Auto Update ---
(Actually, on one of them I'd managed somehow to delete the auto update, as there were about 15 of them stacked up, but then restored from the backup schedule, deleted the duplicates only and left one in place and now it's there again every night, which is good).
But on the FoxSat HDR, I don't see an Auto Update, which means that it's not checking in every night.

Do you know how I can make sure that the --- Auto Update --- is also on the FoxSat HDR? It does do a firmware check at 3am each morning (not that there will ever be one for this machine!), but it doesn't do its 04:30 check in, so it doesn't report that it's been in contact with the remote scheduling server if it's not been used for a couple of days.

Can I simply copy the contents from one /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db database to the other (one of my FoxSat T2 HDRs has nothing scheduled apart from the 04:30 check in), neither does the FoxSat, so I'm thinking if I copy this across that might work... Or would it break it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
There is no similar thing for the Foxsat-HDR. The closest one is the Housekeeper boot at 03:00 but the box is supposed to do as little as possible during that, so RS isn't invoked.

Extracts from the Wiki at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling_Portal:

You need to have set up at least one daily wake up/sleep cycle and any Pending Items already on the Foxsat-HDR will become active. Otherwise if you have the Foxsat-HDR on standby when you are not there you may want to schedule a power cycle or two so that the Foxsat-HDR wakes up and can pick up any Queued and/or Pending items and incorporate them fully into the schedule.

To have the best chance of being able to successfully schedule a recording, you should set your Humax to wake up for 30 minutes at least once a day which is most easily done through the on-screen menus at Menu->Settings->Time

It is also possible to schedule additional wake-up/sleep periods through the on-screen menus at Schedule->Manual Watch reservation

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Ah, ok, that explains it then! Thanks for the pointer. I'll schedule a daily wake up at 04:30 like the others, leave it on for a couple of minutes and then get it to power down again. That should cause it to check in.

Thanks for your quick reply.

As quoted it's better to leave it on for at least 30 minutes as the Foxsat-HDR HW is a lot weaker than the HDR-Fox T2 HW.

For instance, it takes the box up to 10 min. to build the EPG database and following that the box then needs a couple of opportunities (automatically each 10 min.) to upload the updated EPG to the RS Portal. And if you use lots of non-Freesat series recordings these can easily take a few minutes to build and push.

Yep just realised that - thanks! It's a lot slower than the HDR Fox T2 just navigating around the internal web pages. I'll leave it running 04:30 - 05:00 - that should do the trick!

Cheers.

Back