M2ts files from NAS server..?

topcat888

I'm just about to buy a HDR-FOX T2 and wanted to make sure of one thing..

I have a library of M2TS files (bluray ripped films) on a NAS server, it's not DLNA compliant but I haven't had any problems streaming the films to a WDTV live previously, so the question is can I do the same with the HDR-FOX..? Will this work..?

Thanks

There are a few problems, Number one being that due to a bug, At present The Humax will not received a streamed file bigger than 4GB. You can copy the files onto the internal HDD though

ah that will be a problem as all the m2ts files are around the 8.5GB mark...

Presume the lack of DLNA compliance wouldn't be a problem though..?

probably not, Although another problem is the fact that the Humax accepts a smaller variety of file types via DNLA streaming than it does for files on it's HDD

You can copy the files onto the internal HDD though

Or use an external HDD via USB. There is a rudimentary way (using the customised firmware) to mount a networked drive (ie a NAS) so that the Hummy will think it is connected like a USB drive and get around the streaming limit and any DLNA file support limitations. We've found the Hummy will play more formats directly off of disks than it will when streaming them in (but I'm not sure specifically about m2ts files). I have the same issue with my NAS and HD recordings >4gb so I'm hoping that the clever people will add something to the web interface that makes connecting network drives better suited to clumsy beginners like me!!

ok thanks.... my next question then is, can a 2TB drive be installed to replace the original internal drive..? has anyone tried this..?

thanks...

sorry for my ignorance but how do you transfer video files from a pc to the internal disk in the HDRFOX-T2 via the wired network..?

ok done ~ If any one is interested, I changed the original drive to a 2TB ~ then I re-muxed the 9GB films from .m2ts to .ts ~ then I ftp'd them up to the unit...

Bingo ~ They played perfectly..!

Will the >4GB bug get resolved as this seems like a serious bug!
I assume the Humax can stream its HDD content to a suitable DLNA media streamer (renderer) without this file size problem?

Back