MAC wont connect Foxsat HDR as a mapped drive

jeremy C-jones

Hi
When I connect to my 2 Foxsat boxes via my PC I can map the drives with no problems, access files and do whatever I want. But When I try to access with my MAC I cannt ( I keep most of my files on the Mac and "handbrake" them into I tunes. Works great for downloaded films.) when I try to map the drive I get an error "The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem".. This used to work fine on an older mac os 10.6, but its now on lion 10.7.5. I have tried reintroducing legacy afp protocolls ( from an apple forum), but its not helped, I have also seen comments about not using Samba for a unix system.

any ideas/ workarounds.

my current solution is rubbish as it involves using a PC with both the mac hard drive and the Humax mapped and transferring them across.

thanks

Hi
When I connect to my 2 Foxsat boxes via my PC I can map the drives with no problems, access files and do whatever I want. But When I try to access with my MAC I cannt ( I keep most of my files on the Mac and "handbrake" them into I tunes. Works great for downloaded films.) when I try to map the drive I get an error "The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem".. This used to work fine on an older mac os 10.6, but its now on lion 10.7.5. I have tried reintroducing legacy afp protocolls ( from an apple forum), but its not helped, I have also seen comments about not using Samba for a unix system.

any ideas/ workarounds.

my current solution is rubbish as it involves using a PC with both the mac hard drive and the Humax mapped and transferring them across.

thanks
Install the vsFTPd server package on the Foxsat and use FTP to transfer your files instead of samba.

Ok thanks, that seems sensible

I was hoping not to have to copy the files, but handbrake them from their existing location instead, as it seems more efficient on storage space etc.

Do I take it then Samba protocols simply won't work on Mac OS 10. >6. It seems to be the conclusion I am drawing!!!

Back