Machine won't turn off, can't reset, can't delete.

Dittonboy

Hi, i have a problem with my humax fox t2 freeview recorder that needs fixing.
Thew problem as only just started and i cant fix it. I am having trouble turning the box off, the only way is at the mains or by using the switch on the back. It seems to be in a semi awake state all the time, the disc is whiring all day and night. I have deleted everything on the hdd but it comes back the next day, the delete sign is constantly on but nothing is happening. I cannot reset it because the installation icon is greyed out and there seems to be no other way of resetting it, any idea's anyone??

The half awake state is probably being caused by the constant *Deleting message, there are several ways of getting rid of this message, but as far as I know they all require the Custom Firmware to be installed. There are some notes on the *Deleting message HERE
EDIT
There is a *Deleting fix that may work that doesn't use the Custom Firmware, It involves installing an older version of Official Humax firmware e.g. 1.01.09, this should get rid of the *Deleting message, then re-install the current official Humax firmware again, however it has been reported that the *Deleting re-appears when the current firmware is re-installed

There is a *Deleting fix that may work that doesn'tuse the Custom Firmware, It involves installing an older version of Official Humax firmware e.g. 1.01.09, this should get rid of the *Deleting message, then re-install the current official Humax firmware again, however it has been reported that the *Deleting re-appears when the current firmware is re-installed
I think formatting whilst 1.01.09 is installed would fix it.

Back