Macro to change screen ratio

smoo

Is there a way to change the menu-settings-preferences-video-screen ratio to 4:3 and the format to letterbox with a macro on the rc-app-bridge web remote?
When you press menu it starts at the last item, so just recording a macro would not work, as it won't know where its starting point is.

For a starter: If you switch from 16:9 screen ratio to 4:3 screen ratio the starting point is always 'Auto'.

When you press menu it starts at the last item, so just recording a macro would not work, as it won't know where its starting point is.
That is correct, which is why it is very difficult to use the ir package macro system for anything sophisticated. Nobody has yet come up with a way to create a defined start point for the dead reckoning.

As the menu selection is remembered, does that mean there is a file somewhere that is modified?
Although I would not have a clue how you could use it :confused:

If it were that simple it would have been discovered long ago. I believe that the last position is held in memory only, and retained only as long as the box is turned on. Haven't tried to see if the last position survives a reboot. I suspect it doesn't and always powers up at the same position. You'd need to try it and see.

On the HDR-FOX T2 it is retained during power saving in standby and also retained during at least a short power off in standyby.

Edit:
If a power cut occurs when the HDR-FOX T2 is switched on the position on reboot is from the last position it was in when it was placed into standby. I.e. it appears to be held in volatile memory while switched on then saved and retrieved during a normal reboot.

Last edited:
It looks like I will have to compromise, by leaving the menu on settings. I rarely need to use the menu button so it should be OK.
Now to see if I can record a macro that works.

Thinking out loud... has anyone tried injecting every possible command code through ir (not just the ones which correspond with handset keys) to see what they do?

Thinking out loud... has anyone tried injecting every possible command code through ir (not just the ones which correspond with handset keys) to see what they do?
Every possible command code through ir for every possible state and menu display of the HDR-FOX T2? How long would that take you? :D

I've tried it.. didn't see any response to any non-standard commands but then I wasn't in any menus at that the time.

i/ve just seen this and I am using a macro to revert from widescreen films to the normal 16/9. I know it's only halfway but still better. normally I find that to watch in proper ratio I need to go 4/3 and then letterbox. all this using remote. As the others said that remains in memory so at the end of the film I click the macro and voila.
my macro
MENU (0xe) OK (0x13) OK (0x13) OK (0x13) UP (0x11) OK (0x13) DOWN (0x15) OK (0x13) EXIT (0x16)

Yep, the above macro works, I also recorded one to go the other way. So as long as I never use the menu for anything else the macros will work:)

Back